Apple Store down!

EFI

30 posts in this topic

The Apple store is down, just like the rumours stated, and the cause is for a Macbook Pro update...with the Santa Rosa chipset and possibly a higher/newer graphics card.

Finally..

Does this mean that all the new 965 motherboards will be supported. I think we could also see drivers for gma x3000 and gma x3100 in the next 10.4.10 update.

store is back up - speed bump, dual layer superdrives, bigger hdds, BTO option for better screen on the 17'' (1920x1200)...

no mention of santa rosa or backlit LCDs....

ooh: they now support 4Gb RAM maximum

How about santa rosa? They didn't even mention it on thier site.

The 2.2Ghz and 2.4Ghz C2D configs only come under the Santa Rosa classification. :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like the Macbook Pro is now officially set for some hardcore Dx10 gaming.

So does that mean that ICH8 in intel 965 boards will be supported (ide, ethernet, sound...). I guess we will be seeing new drivers in the next os x update, at least support for the new Nvidia cards.

Nice, but why has Apple taken away the ability to choose parts in their models? You use to on PPC stuff choose different graphics cards; now you are stuck with what you get. Only thing I don't like. The lower model of the MBP is nice, but 128 megs graphics ram and NO option for bigger card. I don't get why it has gotten this way. Other than that, great upgrade.

THIS IS WAHT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR !

GOODBYE OS X86!

:P

seriously, I'm buying it asap :thumbsup_anim:

And I'll keep my hack running too, wel, I doubt it'll be used after I get this one.

EDIT, no-one noticed the ~100 (or 50?) euro pricedrop?

so how much added battery life do you think the LED displays will add the Macbook Pros? i have the 2nd gen of the macbook pro and was jsut wondering how much of a bump up new users would get.

and one more thing, how come apple is neglecting the mac-mini so much? the macbooks and macbook pros have gotten two upates while the mac-minis have had none. i really like the idea of the mac-mini but now it is way behind and just not worth the money. Apple could update and make it a good solid Computer for normal peeople if they wanted to.

store is back up - speed bump, dual layer superdrives, bigger hdds, BTO option for better screen on the 17'' (1920x1200)...

no mention of santa rosa or backlit LCDs....

ooh: they now support 4Gb RAM maximum

The 4GB RAM and 160GB 7200 RPM HD's really rock! BTW, if you look at the press release in the "hot news" section it states backlit LED displays are in full effect. :thumbsup_anim:

so how much added battery life do you think the LED displays will add the Macbook Pros? i have the 2nd gen of the macbook pro and was jsut wondering how much of a bump up new users would get.

The battery life on the 15" is impressive at 6hrs. The battery on the 17" is 5.75....weird its lower.

EFI, it's lower cause 17" MBPs haven't LED displays :thumbsup_anim:

Ah thats right, it makes sense. :P . On the plus side, you get full HD resolution option on the 17"....at 1920 x 1200. So its kind of a tradeoff really (even though we should have the option of both)

Another feature.....the MBP's are now fully 802.11n compliant....awesome.