Apparently 1gb is not the minimum amount of RAM for Aero

Guest Ramm

25 posts in this topic

Guest Ramm

I see that one Microsoft's website, and several other sources, that 1gb of RAM is required for Aero. That is not true in my case; I am running it under only 768mb. I don't know if this is already known, but....

Guest Ramm

What size video memory do you have? I have 256mb, but it may have to do with that. It runs fine for the most part on 768.

Im running aero currently with 2 GB Ram and a 256 MB Video card. Why would you want to run it on 768 MB RAM? RAM has gotten fairly cheap and if 768 MB is all you have a nice set of dual 1 GB sticks isnt that pricey. (Depending on what your mobo supports I guess DDR2 stuff can really jack up the price)

Guest Ramm
Im running aero currently with 2 GB Ram and a 256 MB Video card. Why would you want to run it on 768 MB RAM? RAM has gotten fairly cheap and if 768 MB is all you have a nice set of dual 1 GB sticks isnt that pricey. (Depending on what your mobo supports I guess DDR2 stuff can really jack up the price)

Heh, why don't you try affording 1gb of fully buffered PC800 ECC RDRAM? I could buy a whole new Mac for the price of that.

On RC1/2 I ran Aero on my lappy(512mb, x1400/256mb), but it would switch into Vista's non Aero theme when it was running low on RAM(that happened a lot until I got a 2GB UFD for Readyboost)

I see that one Microsoft's website, and several other sources, that 1gb of RAM is required for Aero. That is not true in my case; I am running it under only 768mb. I don't know if this is already known, but....

Those are just the "recommended" system requirements buddy. ^___~ Obviously you can run @ lower ram however @ the cost of some performance.

Mininum requirements:

• 800 Mhz processor & 512mb system ram
  • 20 GB Hard Drive with at least 15 GB of available space
  • Support of super VGA graphics
  • CD-Rom Drive

Source

Why spend a fortune on hardware to use that {censored}ed MS Vista when u can use OSX86 without any further upgrade. I was a Windows user, but when I installed MACOSX86 in my PC and fine-tuned it, I don't need that {censored}ed Vista OS anymore.

To run Vista WITH AERO, you need the following:

256 MB System RAM

800 MHz Processor

128 MB DirectX 9 compatible graphics card with WDDM support (Pixel Shader 2.0)

Why would anyone think that you need 1 GB system RAM, thats only RECCOMENDED.

Why spend a fortune on hardware to use that {censored}ed MS Vista when u can use OSX86 without any further upgrade. I was a Windows user, but when I installed MACOSX86 in my PC and fine-tuned it, I don't need that {censored}ed Vista OS anymore.

It's fun talking in bold

Vista requires less intense hardware than OSX86, less specific, etc. They're both good, but Vista runs fine, and is legal.

• 2 weeks later...