Intel Patch - Help

WTMann

3 posts in this topic

I bought the OS X 10.4.8 for the Intel architecture (along with a Macbook). I tried to install them on my Intel laptop, however, it obviously doesn't see the CDs filesystem. Is there a way to make a bootable Intel image from the original CDs? I've noticed that there are already some on various torrents; unfortunately, I internet connection isn't enough to download one without it taking something like forever!

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I've never used a Mac before now so this is all very new to me.

I bought the OS X 10.4.8 for the Intel architecture (along with a Macbook). I tried to install them on my Intel laptop, however, it obviously doesn't see the CDs filesystem. Is there a way to make a bootable Intel image from the original CDs? I've noticed that there are already some on various torrents; unfortunately, I internet connection isn't enough to download one without it taking something like forever!

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I've never used a Mac before now so this is all very new to me.

It's my understanding that there are no legit versions of OSX sold at apple stores that work on Intel macs, only PPC. You'll need to d/l a version from the usual sources...

K

It's my understanding that there are no legit versions of OSX sold at apple stores that work on Intel macs, only PPC. You'll need to d/l a version from the usual sources...

K

What I meant was that I bought a MacBook Pro with which there are 2 installation DVDs. What I'd like to do is create a bootable ISO image from them so that I can try to install the software on my Fujitsu-Siemens laptop as well. Is that possible?

I also went to the Demon site and I was also wondering if it would be possible to get an invite code to register? I will be contributing as soon as I get up to speed in the Mac world (I'm a linux admin/developer). Thanks again for any help.