itunes 7.2

lord xeon

9 posts in this topic

Is anyone else besides me having trouble installing iTunes 7.2?

mine gets stuck on the "Select a Destination" screen forever, its kinda annoying, cause theres some iTunes Plus music i would like to get.

Try directly updating from the Software Update. :)

Software Update gets stuck about 1/5th of the way...been there for about 10 mins so far.

should i completly uninstall itunes, and try installing it from scratch?

i just don't want to not have iTunes if that doesn't work.

Software Update gets stuck about 1/5th of the way...been there for about 10 mins so far.

should i completly uninstall itunes, and try installing it from scratch?

i just don't want to not have iTunes if that doesn't work.

Drag iTunes out of the Application folder, download it from Apple's website. That way, if it doesn't work, then you can but the old one back in. :)

- Sb.

Drag iTunes out of the Application folder, download it from Apple's website. That way, if it doesn't work, then you can but the old one back in. :)

- Sb.

still no luck, installer hangs, doesn't allow anything.

i'm pretty sure i'm being paitent enough, everything else i've installed never took this long.

still no luck, installer hangs, doesn't allow anything.

i'm pretty sure i'm being paitent enough, everything else i've installed never took this long.

Well you have me baffled then. :)

Only thing I can recommend is you to repair disk permissions, reboot, and try again (that's the first thing I do when something goes wrong). Sorry I couldn't be of any more use.

- Sb.

Well you have me baffled then. :)

Only thing I can recommend is you to repair disk permissions, reboot, and try again (that's the first thing I do when something goes wrong). Sorry I couldn't be of any more use.

- Sb.

well, i wasnt even able to open up disk utility, it just frooze too, so i just rebooted, and like windows magic, it works.

installed iTunes 7.2 fine, no waiting at all. No idea what the problem was, but its fixed now

thanks for your help Sabr

well, i wasnt even able to open up disk utility, it just frooze too, so i just rebooted, and like windows magic, it works.

installed iTunes 7.2 fine, no waiting at all. No idea what the problem was, but its fixed now

thanks for your help Sabr

No problem. Sometimes when the simplest of things can fix a problem, we don't even consider them! :)

- Sb.