MacBook Pro failures, scary...

17 posts in this topic

I have the newer Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro...and never had any of those problems. I can put the laptop on my lap for 4hrs nad work on it...and it still wont get uncomfortably hot or anything. The graphical artifacts were also fixed in the C2D MBP's.

It does get a little bit warmer under windows than under OS X...its still not unbearable point, but a tad warmer...but thats ok, since I only use Windows for playing games...that too resting the MBP on a Targus Chillpad, so its ok.

I hardly doubt that would happen. While the 8600M GT is faster than the X1600, it does not have that great of a marginal gap of a difference in speed to be introduced on the Macbook. The Radeon X1300 or X1400 would be much more of a realistic bet......or even the X3000 integrated GMA would be alright, since this new integrated graphics from Intel is much more faster than the previous GMA 900/950.

On a side note....my dad's always been eyeing my current MBP.....this is my chance to give that to him, and get myself the new one! lol.

Nows the time to buy an MBP, with the new update and all.

I have an original MBP and the only problem I have had in the last 1.3 years I have had this is that the fan on the left side went bad. It got super noisy so I brough it in. It was a whopping few days out of warranty. I brought it in to the local Apple store and talked to a Genius. He happened to have the part in for some other person who was not coming in for about two weeks. So he sold me that part on the spot ($40) and put it in for free!!!!! I would never have gotten service like that from any PC maker, and I know because I have been in the PC business for many years.

Other than that, it's rock solid. I have never been so satisfied with a single computer.

the fan on the left side went bad.

I heard this problem is solved with the new mbp. Am I right?

I brought it in to the local Apple store and talked to a Genius.

That's great, but in my area there is no apple store. I would have to drive 4 hours or smth.

Other than that, it's rock solid. I have never been so satisfied with a single computer.

Thats a good reason to buy one.