Need updating Help!

anarklov3r

8 posts in this topic

Hey there everybody.

Ive got a 10.4.6 JaS image downloaded from a while back. When i first had to install it i had to apply a PPF patch (which was pretty straight forward) and i got a new ISO image to burn, EASY!

but now, ive got a 10.4.6 - 10.4.8 patch, but its a .pkg file! And i have no idea on how to merge it with my ISO file to create a new installer!

So this is where i need your help guys!

whats the easiest way to get my 10.4.6 image up to 10.4.9 ? i was thinking of going to 10.4.8 first then going to 10.4.9.

Ive seen a 4.4gb image floating around for a 10.4.9 image, but i dont really want to download that much if i can help it! as its almost 40% of my monthly limit.

thanks guys!

whats the easiest way to get my 10.4.6 image up to 10.4.9 ? i was thinking of going to 10.4.8 first then going to 10.4.9.

Just download the Koolkal updater (its on the green demon). I use the same method, see my sig, it works great.

The Baron

Ok i looked on the green demon for Koolkal, but ive only found 2 files, a 2 mb one and a 300mb Intel one.... I need an AMD patch. Does this method for you, update the actual DVD? or do u have to install 10.4.6 and then update every single time?

Just download the Koolkal updater (its on the green demon). I use the same method, see my sig, it works great.

The Baron

Baron, Did you have difficulties with your ATI1800 Card? I have a 1600 and I cannot get QE and CI to work anymore. What softward did you use?

Thanks

Scotty Geek