Toshiba Satellite A100-796 good one for OSX?

The M.A.R.T.

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the Toshiba Satellite A100-796 is a good one for OSX?

http://www.obcs.nl/go.php?utm_source=tweak...PSAANE-02R00GDU

Maybe there are some users running it themselves. I would love to hear your experiences.

Which OSX version are you running, the latest Jas 10.4.8 or earlier versions? Is everything working? Other tips for a good install? (besides the general stuff)

I dont have one of those.... But for what I can see in the specs, you would have graphics out of the box (GMA 950). I guess you will have dual core support with the lastest kernels. For the rest (audio, net, etc) is difficult to say 'cos theres no much info on that page.

Try to get more specific details about the hardware, then is easy to know what will work..... As for the distro I would say you give the JaS 10.4.8 a try. Then you could update...... Theres also a new distro by upHuck (10.4.9), looks good but I havent tryed it yet....

....you will have to tweek a little here and there (in the best of the cases) until you have everything working (again in the best of the cases).............

The 'disable the cores' tip is primarily aimed at mobile users. Some of the C2D chips in that line have problems running with both cores, but virtually all the desktop systems work fine with both cores. I've got a C2D 6400 and it's always run with both cores enabled.

From intel: "The Mobile Intel® 945GM Express chipset's low power design enables up to 28% less average power consumption compared to previous generations. Featuring the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950, the Mobile Intel 945GM Express chipset delivers up to 2x improvement in graphics performance over the previous generation chipset. The Mobile Intel® 945GM Express chipset enables up to 25% higher data transfer rate compared to the previous generation bus speed. Additionally, it features PCI Express* x16 graphics ports and PCI Express x1 I/O ports, next generation Serial ATA, and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity".

http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/945gm/index.htm

Another try:

Anyone with a Toshiba laptop then? With about the same specs?

Intel Core Duo (anything from T2250 up to T..... whatever)

and the Intel 945 GPU

Will do. Hope some will react! Tips, anything that you ran into when installing OSX and which version you used

• 2 years later...
Does anyone know if the Toshiba Satellite A100-796 is a good one for OSX?

http://www.obcs.nl/go.php?utm_source=tweak...PSAANE-02R00GDU

Maybe there are some users running it themselves. I would love to hear your experiences.

Which OSX version are you running, the latest Jas 10.4.8 or earlier versions? Is everything working? Other tips for a good install? (besides the general stuff)