AC97 and 6600gt with nforce4

NecronoiD

2 posts in this topic

HI!

I have a 10.4.7 installation on an AMD SSE2 Athlon platform with and nforce4 chipset. Everything is fine except the QE/CI on the 6600 GT and the AC97 sound from the Nforce integrated audio chipset.I've been searching for ages in the forum and i tried lots of drivers and I can't get work either.

I'm using the Geforce driver from the macvidia project but i don't have the QE/CI. I tried Nanit and Titan and none of them work. ¿Could someone point me which driver i can focus on to have the QE/CI working on the 6600gt? Its a wide spread gfx card and i'm sure it has to work.

About the AC97 i tried lots of drivers, and although the Audio System Preference shows ac97 output, the system profiler show i don't have built in audio, so i don't have audio output.

I read that in 10.4.8 should work but i think that 10.4.7 is more stable on amd systems...

There might be many people with the same problem, any advice?

Regards

Audio AC97 is working now. But the problem of the 6600gt persists. Any advice?

I was in the same boat as you... until I installed 10.4.8

My AC97 audio worked out of the box, and so didn't my regular 6600 with QE/CI and all

As far as I know, Titan and Natit only work under 10.4.8, and the Macvidia driver doesn't support QE/CI

As for your stability problems, 10.4.8 was a million times more stable on my AMD 3800+ than 10.4.7 for some reason, just try it!