/com.apple.boot.plist

mr.gosm

8 posts in this topic

WTU people I have some problems with installation OSX86 in boot appear this message:

/.com.apple.boot.plist

I use toshiba AS60

CPU:intel p4 3.0 SS2

Card Graphics: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility 7000 IGP

memory ram: 512 DDR 444mhz

In the list of hardware support OSX86 I see toshiba AS62 is compatible with OS X 10.4.6, I try install 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 but appear exactly error.

what I do?

Who resolve this problem?

What version I have install?

Help me please, I want work that system.

I have a A60 myself.

You will have to install osx from VMware (under windows) to a physical partition (search in the forum, theres a good guide somewere). The install DVD wont boot natively 'cos the IDE controller isnt compatible.

Assuming we have the same chipset (RS250, 340M), you WONT have graphics acceleration (radeon 7000 igp isnt supported) and no USB2 (only USB1).

Audio, wireless, ethernet, powermanagement are possible by editing the kexts..... Also theres a dedicated kext for OnBoardAta that works better than the appleGeneric one. Once you're done with the installing I could send U the edited kexts.

OK here is it:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11314&hl=vmware

When I did this I used the JaS 10.4.7 since the 10.4.8 didnt work under VMware for me (got kernel panic every time).....

Sorry, my fault...

This should work.

EDIT:

well once you're finished, here is the package with the kexts. Look, is the first time I make a PKG installer, so im not shure if it works (it worked on my system as far as I can tell), but if U dont want to risk extract the kext from the package with Pacifist, and put them 'by hand' in your /system/library/extensions folder, then open terminal and do:

sudo -s [enter]
your password [enter]
chown -R root:wheel appleAC97audio.kext
chmod -R 755 appleAC97audio.kext

repeat the last two lines but using the names of the different kext on the package....

chown -R root:wheel radeonTool.kext
chmod -R 755 RadeonTool.kext
etc...

be specially carefull with the IOAtaFamily.kext and AppleOnBoardPCAta.kext. If you F**k up there you wont be able to boot.....

ToshibaA60Package.pkg.zip

blackchungo:

Your virtual machine has sent a CD-ROM command that isn't supported under legacy emulation.

The command packet was: 43 02 00 00 00 00 00 ff fe 80 00 00

This is not a fatal error, but it may cause a failure in the application trying to access the CD-ROM. Try running this virtual machine without legacy emulation.

This error appear when I boot from the VMWARE with a bootDVD 10.4.7

The file you post, I have put in the folder of DVD and insert the chmod for read by another?

I work with LINUX and I don't found the appleAC97audio.kext etc...

Where I found this ...kext?

With this file I boot mac os X from the scratch? yes/no?

thanks

• 1 year later...

you don't need to VM ware the installation it is possible to do an normal installation on the toshiba A60. As i have installed it on my Toshiba A60. You need to patch the install CD with the chameleon bootloader (at least that is what I think it is called.)

I would attach the patch but i only have the 10.5.2 kaylway one.

• 4 weeks later...
you don't need to VM ware the installation it is possible to do an normal installation on the toshiba A60. As i have installed it on my Toshiba A60. You need to patch the install CD with the chameleon bootloader (at least that is what I think it is called.)

I would attach the patch but i only have the 10.5.2 kaylway one.

This is really interesting...the leopard you have installed recognize to you also the quartz?I've kalyway 10.4.10 but don't see the quartz