Nero Linux 3 - Final Version -

sev7en

7 posts in this topic

Nero Linux 3 is the definitive burning application for the Linux operating system. Based on the award-winning Nero Burning ROM 7 platform, Nero Linux 3 is the most powerful and versatile burning application available for Linux, and the only application to offer Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD data burning support.

linux3_header2.gif

Experience the most comprehensive burning application for the Linux OS!

• Enjoy the same functionalities as in Nero Burning ROM 7
  • Burn data using any optical disc format, including CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and HD DVD
  • Ensure a quick and easy setup using SmartDetect automatic drive support
  • Take control of your music collection with integrated audio capabilities including high speed digital audio extraction and FreeDB to automatically obtain disc information over the internet

System Requirements:

• Linux Kernel 2.4 or newer (2.6 recommended) with X-Window
  • Glibc 2.3.2 and libstdc++6 3.4
  • GTK+ 2.4.10 (or newer)
  • 800 MHz Intel® Pentium® III processor, AMD Sempron™ 2200+ processors or equivalent, 128 MB RAM
  • Hard drive space: 50 MB for program installation
  • CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, or HD DVD recordable or rewritable drive for burning

3MainWindow-1.png

Download:

This looks nice. I'll try it if its free!

It's released as the Windows version (demo version) but the registration is really cheap (just $19).

I havent' installed it yet but as far as I read it comes with some great enhancements than k3d.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite nice, certainly. I've heard of it as a beta already a while ago. I'm just wondering what Nero has that K3b doesn't.

K3b is my favourite toasting app for a few years now. It's very reliable apart from a few tiny glitches. The neat thing is that it's able to add data to finalised(!) rewritable media. If this version of Nero also supports it I'll give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
Works Nero for Linux3 under X11 (OSX) too?

I wouldn't think so. Nero for Linux is distributed in binary/closed source form. It truly is a Linux application. Most things that you can make work under OS X using X11 are open source that you just recompile.

That being said, I've only been using OS X for a month or two (been using Linux for about 8 years and Windows for around 14 though), so I'm not extremely familiar with the "tricks" to make things like this work :).