9 posts in this topic

I want to get a laptop and am debating between a windows or switching over to Apple. I have never owned an Apple and havent worked with them much but my sister and other people say they are better than windows.

I just wanted to get yalls opinion on making the switch and your overall impressions of the 17" MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Insanelymac!

I think most people would agree that its a great computer and that OSX is a lot better than Windows. If possible, I would go to an Apple store so that you could try a mac out first, you'd be able to make a better decision about whether or not you want to go with an Apple computer. And if you do decide that you want to get one, the people there would be able to answer any questions you might have.

I'm thinking of getting a Mabook Pro too, they look great. Macs are awesome, I suggest trying them out before buying one though!

Keep in mind you can run windows on your mac as well. :) Good luck.

my macbook pro has never let me down (except when i tempt it to(aka mesing with kexts)). but anyway you should buy one. if you don't like osx, you can always run windows or linux on it.

if you don't like osx, you can always run windows or linux on it.

omg....

I'm also thinking about getting a macbook pro, but i heard that maybe in june at the WWDC a macbook pro update is made, so i would definitive wait till then. one question to the macbook pro owners, have u ever messed around with some C4D programm, like cinema4d? how was the speed in editor mode and how long did i take to render in comparison with a normal desktop pc?

thx ppl

• 2 weeks later...

PC laptops SUXXXXXX. Buy a new MacBook Pro, that's a leader's choice.