Security Update 2007-005 Universal v1.0

KPavel

53 posts in this topic

Everything still works great after 24hours of having the patch installed, so I guess it's pretty safe to say everything's working fine with my rig. Intel here, updated straight from the 2007-005 .dmg from Apple's site.

Installed OK, but I've got problem with "About This Mac" !!! What I have doing???

It seems to be safe to install latest SecurityUpdate 2007-005, I just did it and after 2 reboots it works fine.

My installation is as follows:

JaS 10.4.8 SSE2 + Koolkal's combo update to 10.4.9 SSE3 and latest Koolkal's SSE2 kernel.

Hardware:

LG LW20 X-Note, 2Gb RAM, Pentium-M 1.73GHz (SSE2)

What about "About This Mac"???

I've created another patch for amd. Use it with maxxxus patcher.

Hi PascalW,

I had updated my 10.4.9 OS X using the file created by you and I've received this messages.

Patching file: /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow

File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x2dc27 (fileoffs 0x2cc43)!

0 of 3 patches applied

Patching file: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics

93 of 93 patches applied

Patching file: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore

File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x903a69da (fileoffs 0x2f35)!

0 of 11 patches applied

Patching

file: /usr/sbin/vpnd

2 of 2 patches applied

Statistics:

2 of 4 visited files were successfully patched.

95 of 109 found patches were successfully applied.

Can you help because I don't know what I made wrong.

Before I've applied this patch my systems was 10.4.9+all updates.

Thanks in advance. :D

factory, patching failed on loginwindow for me also and I would expect that since people are running various versions of this, this makes sense. By restoring a backed up version of loginwindow.app all is OK.

I can't remember if all my CarbonCore patches applied either. Did you try starting it and what if any errors did you see in verbose output?

factory, patching failed on loginwindow for me also and I would expect that since people are running various versionsor this, this makes sense. By restoring a backed up version of loginwindow.app all is OK.

I can't remember if all my CarbonCore patches applied either. Did you try starting it and what if any errors did you see in verbose output?

Hi, thanks for your answer. I've tried again and i've got the same error.

Patching file: /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow

0 of 3 patches applied

Patching file: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics

94 of 94 patches applied

Patching file: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore

File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x903a5599 (fileoffs 0x33ed)!

0 of 12 patches applied

Patching

1 of 1 patches applied

Statistics:

95 of 110 found patches were successfully applied.

After I've applied the patch and received this messages, the only way to start up again my OS

was replacing a copy of loginwindow.app and CoreServices.framework

So I think the security update is almost install except these two things.

If you have applied the patch successfully to CoreServices.framework could you send me the new one? As I read the patch doesn't work on loginwindows.app

Thanks in advance. :)

Did someone knows what these updates are doing in background, always when I apply apple update I get speed boost, maintaince scripts don't give me almost any increase in speed but Apple updates yes.

I think that they rebuild something. It will be nice to include this in some maintaince script

works well on amd with the posted patch. Only some things: 1. iTunes is fu**ed up again nd about this mac, too. Using the loginwindow and iTunes Patch from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SP0Q6XA0 (it's the 2007-004 Patch) works very well and everything is working well.

Hi, thanks for your answer. I've tried again and i've got the same error.

0 of 3 patches applied

94 of 94 patches applied

File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x903a5599 (fileoffs 0x33ed)!

0 of 12 patches applied

Patching

1 of 1 patches applied

Statistics:

95 of 110 found patches were successfully applied.

After I've applied the patch and received this messages, the only way to start up again my OS

was replacing a copy of loginwindow.app and CoreServices.framework

So I think the security update is almost install except these two things.

If you have applied the patch successfully to CoreServices.framework could you send me the new one? As I read the patch doesn't work on loginwindows.app

Thanks in advance. :)

Got that, too.

1. Installed the update

2. rebooted and patched (with this error)

3. rebooted into normal os x (it crashes and reboots)

4. apply patch again (now all patches work)

5. it boots up

Hi PascalW,

I had updated my 10.4.9 OS X using the file created by you and I've received this messages.

0 of 3 patches applied

93 of 93 patches applied

File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x903a69da (fileoffs 0x2f35)!

0 of 11 patches applied

Patching

2 of 2 patches applied

Statistics:

95 of 109 found patches were successfully applied.

Can you help because I don't know what I made wrong.

Before I've applied this patch my systems was 10.4.9+all updates.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup_anim:

The cpuid's in my patch are for kiko's decrypted loginwindow.

works well on amd with the posted patch. Only some things: 1. iTunes is fu**ed up again nd about this mac, too. Using the loginwindow and iTunes Patch from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SP0Q6XA0 (it's the 2007-004 Patch) works very well and everything is working well.

Got that, too.

1. Installed the update

2. rebooted and patched (with this error)

3. rebooted into normal os x (it crashes and reboots)

4. apply patch again (now all patches work)

5. it boots up

iTunes prefs will be {censored}ed up again indeed with this update, carbon core of 10.4.7 or higher never works correctly on amd. So backup your old, or replace with the one you posted.

Can someone guide me how to obtain the maxxuss patcher? Thanks so much! :thumbsup_anim:

just type ./patcher {patch.txt}  you already have it in your system.

pascalW patch works just fine except lowinwindow.app, just replace it with your backup.

sempron 3000+

ati sb400 xpress 200m

bcm4318

could someone tell me how to apply the maxxus patcher? When i try to patch with ./patcher *patch*.txt it says command not found.. a bit confusing :s Im using the uphuck 10.4.9 DVD

Help would be really appreciated,

cheers,

aKy