Spotted!

19 posts in this topic

Well, there's no way to be completely sure about this, but if you go on to Scuzz, or other suitable music channel, you might see a song called 'Love to Let you Down' by 'Life of Agony'

If I'm not mistaken, a guy in the video is using an IBM laptop running....

Mac! The video also has a Macbook Pro/Powerbook later on.

Anyone else seen a Hackintosh on TV or elsewhere in the public eye?

Well, there's no way to be completely sure about this, but if you go on to Scuzz, or other suitable music channel, you might see a song called 'Love to Let you Down' by 'Life of Agony'

If I'm not mistaken, a guy in the video is using an IBM laptop running....

Mac! The video also has a Macbook Pro/Powerbook later on.

Anyone else seen a Hackintosh on TV or elsewhere in the public eye?

Is there a youtube video on it?

Link?

I recently saw that the xbox260 case someone had modified to use a full fledged comp had OSX running.

link: http://www.freewebs.com/electric0ant/xbox360pc.htm second to last pic (lots of pics, so prepare for a slow load)

I work at Geeksquad and one day I installed some memory into some guy's Toshiba laptop. After the installation, I powered it on and it booted into OS X. I smiled and said, "Hey, I've done that." It also made me wonder why someone who got a Hackintosh working needed to pay to get memory installed.

Guest pcharles25

his son did the jas install for him

here is iMac

:thumbsup_anim:

I work at Geeksquad and one day I installed some memory into some guy's Toshiba laptop. After the installation, I powered it on and it booted into OS X. I smiled and said, "Hey, I've done that." It also made me wonder why someone who got a Hackintosh working needed to pay to get memory installed.

post-15936-1180256126_thumb.jpg

post-15936-1180256148_thumb.jpg

post-15936-1180256161_thumb.jpg

post-15936-1180256179_thumb.jpg

The majority of computers you'll see in music videos/movies/TV will have the screen contents prerecorded or put in in post production. I watched Office Space with some buddies last night- anyone else noticed how the Powermac 6400 (I think) that Peter Gibbons uses boots OS 8 from an orange C: prompt, or how the computer he installs the virus on is a desktop PC with OS 8? You see this a lot. The most notable exceptions I've seen are of course the SGI Crimson in Jurassic Park running the 3D version of 4DWM (don't recall the name ATM) and Jeff Goldblum's Powerbook 3400 in Independence Day with OS 8... but Open Firmware and the Happy Mac screen were replaced with the 2001 reference.

i saw a sony vaio spray painted black with a white apple sticker on the top. It was running os x and i so wanted to say something but i didnt since i was at a library!

i saw a dell server running OS X in a dell small business ad

Is this geeky enough? :(

post-50937-1180259786_thumb.png

Looks a bit like an IBM laptop (though I haven't seen one of those for a while, so I could be wrong)

its an IBM and this is obviously OS X (look at the top for the menubar)

post-47178-1180657674_thumb.png