Anyone got display sleep to work with X1400?

Abhijit

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an Inspiron E1505/6400 with the dreaded X1400....OS X runs only at 1024x768, but i can live with that. What i can't live with is the fact that the display does not go to sleep....i dont care if the computer dosen't sleep, but i desperately need a way to switch off the display. Tried various widgets and utilities and such, but to no avail.

I've noticed something interesting...whenver i put the computer to sleep, or the time arrives when the display *should* sleep...the screen just freezes until i move the mouse. If a screensaver is running, it'll freeze till i move the mouse. This may be imply that the display is actually sleeping, as the screen stops responding....but the backlight unfortunately stays on.

I hope someone can help me switch off the backlight as well. Thanks.

Running Jas 10.4.8 with 10.4.9 patch from Apple

Using the SSE3 kernel from this thread - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=45283

Output of uname -a

Darwin Home-PC.local 8.9.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1: Mon Apr 23 16:01:03 UZT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-792.18.15/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

System Specs-

Dell Inspiron E1505/6400

Intel Core Duo 1.6 Ghz

1GB Ram

ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB

80GB HDD

in my case, when my acpi is in S3 state the pc power off, but when wake up FREEZE......

when acpi is in S0 state the pc the pc wake up and no freeze up BUT never power off :(