nvidia 7600gt agp

7 posts in this topic

hi, as you can see this is my first post and i hope not to be the last :rolleyes:

i installed the mac os x x86 (Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2]) and everything worked fine but the video card. if anyone can help i would be very thankful.

my machine specs are:

Intel P4 3.0Ghz

2 gb ram

asus p4c800 deluxe

and an nvidia 7600gt agp

i'm a noob at this mac thing so a step by step guide would be wonderfull.

thanks in advance

your install dvd should have optional nvidia and ati installs

it includes agp support as well

1. boot into your osx

2. open it (the dvd) with pacifist.

3. install nv40 package (right-click on nv40, install to default location)

4. reboot

good luck

ok ive done what you to but it didnt work this time all happened a bit diferently instead of a light blue screen followed by the "computer needs restart" error i got the same light blue screen but this time another thing happened the screen turned green with big sqares (dont know how to explain) and only after the restart error. could u help out? thanks

I also have a 7600GT and had the same problem with the same install DVD. It's working now using the Natit.kext from the DVD and plugging into the DVI port in the center of the card (next to the round S-Video connector). There is an update to Natit that supports both DVI outputs, so it may be that the version on the DVD supports only one port, though I haven't tested that theory. Try that first and see what happens.

The configuration that is working for me includes AMD support and the Natit/Titan package but not the other set of assorted device drivers included on the DVD. Apparently, I don't need 'em. Then I set the IOPCIMatch string in Natit.kext to 0x039110de rebooted with the -v option. Then I noticed that the Titan driver saw my onboard video and Natit saw the 7600GT card and the screen still went black. So I moved the Titan driver out of the Extensions folder and rebooted. Success!

This install is much more stable on my box than 10.4.6 JaS. It's worth the effort to get it working. :)

yes but i can't even install natit/titan if i install them it gives the reboot error. going to try that anyway thanks :P

by the way, my 7600gt is agp and it´s a geforce from nvidia just in case you see someone who could put this same card running.

You should be able to install 10.4.8 with only the AMD or Intel option (without Natit). Your video card is VESA compatible, so you can boot and go though the Apple Mac OS X setup process, choose a root password and see the desktop. Once you're able to use the installed OS it becomes a lot easier to move the Natit.kext in and out of the Extensions folder (edit/reboot/edit/reboot) until you get it working.

When the Natit kext prevents the boot process from completing, reboot with the "-s" option at the Darwin prompt to go to the single-user command prompt and use the commands listed in other threads to edit the Natit configuration or move it out of the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Here's a list of commands you can use in the Terminal. Some work in single-user mode as well.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14496