The moon landing

The Moon Landing  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Is it real or fake?

• Real
    • Fake
    • Unsure

24 posts in this topic

What the eyes see, and the ears hear, the mind believes.

Who knows. Most everyone here wasn't alive in 1969.

Unsure.

definately real

if you look with a teloscope in the right spot you can see the American flag there and footsteps

As far as I know (I'm an amateur astronomer) we can't actually see them with ground based or orbiting telescopes.

However, there are devices left on the moon designed for laser ranging from the earth to the moon.

This wikipedia link explains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landings...oax_accusations

So yes, they did land on the moon

hahah its been proven that there is no way that those rocks could come from anywhere but the moon from their radiation etc, along with the moon its self being another light source because it has no atmosphere to sheld it from light, so the cameras were set to capture a bright white spacesuit so the dark comparatively stars could not be captured, etc..... but, i watched the original broadcast of the show that tried to show all these possibility's about how "we staged it"

I'm really wondering who brought this controversy up and why. Well, the usual suspect is probably once again... the cash cow. Rubbish controversies seem to be lucrative. In a hundred years or so from now somebody will probably come up with the statement that WWII was a hoax and make some serious cash :censored2:

I still remember getting up at night with my father to watch Apollo 11 live on a B/W telly. Even as a 9 year old it was quite obvious to me that no slow motion or whatever camera trick would be able to create those very particular almost eerie movements in low gravity. At least not in 1969...

Till now, there have been several spacecraft to have gone past the moon. AFAIK Japan sent a satellite/spaceship around the moon. I am sure Russia has too. If it was fake, I am sure it would been revealed. The original landing may have been faked, considering the pressure. But the later ones obviously happened.

Till now, there have been several spacecraft to have gone past the moon. AFAIK Japan sent a satellite/spaceship around the moon. I am sure Russia has too. If it was fake, I am sure it would been revealed. The original landing may have been faked, considering the pressure. But the later ones obviously happened.

The imaging technology (digital video effects etc) you would need to fake those weird low gravity movements so convincingly was simply not advanced enough in 1969. There's no way somebody can jump 3 metres far and half a metre high so effortlessly wearing all that gear in earth's gravity. It's also obvious that this was not a low tech slo-mo trick.

The imaging technology (digital video effects etc) you would need to fake those weird low gravity movements so convincingly was simply not advanced enough in 1969. There's no way somebody can jump 3 metres far and half a metre high so effortlessly wearing all that gear in earth's gravity. It's also obvious that this was not a low tech slo-mo trick.

There's also no way you can have a flag blutting in the wind....when you're on the moon.

But overall whether it's fake or not, I don't know. Just know it isn't an easy Yes or No.

There's also no way you can have a flag blutting in the wind....when you're on the moon.

But overall whether it's fake or not, I don't know. Just know it isn't an easy Yes or No.

That whole flag blutting thing was because of the low gravity, and because theres a rod that runs along the top of the flag. Cmon, if nasa really wanted to fake the moon landing, they wouldnt have made it look like a flag was flying unless it REALLY wasnt.

they have iron wire woven into the flag and they bent it so that it looks like its moving in the wind.... even if it was in a studio... there would be no wind anyway