XFX GEFORCE 7600 GT 256MB 650MHZ DUAL DVI DDR3 FATAL1TY(is it OC'd on the board)?

RedSox

2 posts in this topic

It appears this card (which Diabolik uses) has a clock rate of 650 and 1.6GHZ memory, so my question is, since it is or appear OC'd out of the box, this would mean it would be better than the higher end ATI 19-- XT that the mac pro offers?

The reason I ask is for Windows, it comes with software (not coolbits) that allows you to overclock it more and since MACS can't overclock, I like the idea that this card is set up already for this speed, or is it? In other words do you have to oc in software?

Thanks

It appears this card (which Diabolik uses) has a clock rate of 650 and 1.6GHZ memory, so my question is, since it is or appear OC'd out of the box, this would mean it would be better than the higher end ATI 19-- XT that the mac pro offers?

The reason I ask is for Windows, it comes with software (not coolbits) that allows you to overclock it more and since MACS can't overclock, I like the idea that this card is set up already for this speed, or is it? In other words do you have to oc in software?

Thanks

No, it is not faster than X1900XT even if overclocked, as 7600GT has 128bit bus against 256bit in X1900XT. If you want to overclock buy 1900XT, back up your bios and then reflash with updated clock rates, although you don´t need this power in MacOS X. 7300GT you use is more than enough for day to day use. Anyway I prefer NVidia to ATI, so I´d buy 7900GS, 7900GT or 7900GTX. The prices are much lower now. Or wait untill Apple updates graphics for new Macs with NVidia G8X or ATI R6XX.