Workaround for Apple's Software Updates?

alvin777

7 posts in this topic

It is not possible to do.

Apple's updates make changes to the way your Hackintosh behaves in a way, very difficult to predict.

Even if you back up your critical hackintosh files, chances are still high that your system will become unstable and useless.

Just wait for the next full version of Hackintosh OS to arrive. It's the best you can do.

If you use the original Apple Update to 10.4.9 the system won't start next boot. I have updated to 10.4.9 via "Jas Update". All other updates (iphoto, tunes, security update, etc.) could be installed directly via "system update"

If someone does use the Apple Updater, by complete accident of course, is there any way to rescue the system? I tried to do a repair from the 10.4.8 cd but that didn't work...

It just keeps rebooting when I try to boot from grub.

Any help would be super since I really need to get some files that are on that partition.

Thanks!

Suzie

If someone does use the Apple Updater, by complete accident of course, is there any way to rescue the system? I tried to do a repair from the 10.4.8 cd but that didn't work...

It just keeps rebooting when I try to boot from grub.

Any help would be super since I really need to get some files that are on that partition.

Thanks!

Suzie

Think you'll have to reinstall, sorry.

Try booting with a JaS DVD, when you get to the GUI you can use Terminal to copy any important files to another partition.

The Baron.