Any good eDonkey/eMule client for Mac?

dashaund

14 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find a good eDonkey/eMule client for Mac OS X. I've tried aMule, but it's download speeds are very slow and the program can also be a resources hog. aMule works okay for Linux, but the Mac builds are crummy...evening compiling them on my own. I'm running OSX86, and booting into XP, eMule works GREAT on this machine. I had the same slowness on my 1GHz iMac. Torrents are downloading very well, so I know it's not the machine. I'm been trying to get eMule to run in Darwine and haven't had any success. I downloaded a trial or Crossover and got eMule Plus to run pretty well...but I really don't want to dish out $60. Anyone got any suggestions? I like aMule, especially for the addition of the Kad network, but it's just not speedy enough. I don't mind compiling on my own if anyone has any inisght on how to get it to run better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I would like to know one to!

I really don't like aMule... I have a G4 mac and I would like to run emule on it... it won't work on darwin for me :s so I guess I need something else

PS: is it possible to run eMule in CrossOver on a hackintosh ?

mldonkey - it os only chose for mac aMule is so buggy and just don't work

mldonkey is best P2P client if you get use to it, it support lots protocols and is super light I compiled it without any graph statistic ant it takes only 13 MB, you can set it to watch for incoming torrent files, just setup and forget. No distraction no sluggish on system, quite easy, powerfully, and works as should

You can get it throughout MacPort

sudo port install mldonkey

post-18084-1182114361_thumb.jpg

Hmm thanks! I see it supports Kad! Something I can't miss :poster_oops:

I'm still trying to understand macport, o I'll see what I can do this week! I'm quite new into compiling such programs and using macport (just got to know it 2 days ago :blink:)

Thanks for your hints :blush:

I'm still trying to understand macport, o I'll see what I can do this week! I'm quite new into compiling such programs and using macport (just got to know it 2 days ago :P)

I am not programer and I hate compiling. It don't work for me on linux I always miss some library or header. In mac You Instal Xcode and MacPort as is described on MacForge. And compile everything just by putting in shell sudo port install package. It's easiest compiling I have and it always works for me. Ports take care dependencies. It's powerfull way to manage packages. One of program I compiled that way is privoxy with filter all ads form my browser. I don't find it on internet in universal binary but it was possible by compiling it from MacPorts

• 5 weeks later...

Hmm, for some reason I don't get mldonkey installed on my (G4) mac... When I install it it seems to be in an endless loop, it's busy for half an hour now, dunno what everything means in the -v mode, it's going quite fast too..

I reinstalled OSX on my Mac (not for mlDonkey, it could use a reinstall :D ) but it still is in an endless loop... Did it take that long too for you guys ? I'm quite bothered with being unable to have a good working ed2k app on my Mac... Don't say to use BT,gnutella,... because I need ed2k for some reasons :D