more graphics issues..

deloreanrocks

4 posts in this topic

Ok, ive got os X working and ive been poking around all the pertinent threads, but so far, no luck getting dual displays going or being able to change my resolution..however, one of the threads instructions got it to where my system profiler now reada both my video cards properly..that is to say it gives them the proper names..

Im using a GeForce FX5700LE (AGP) and a GeForce MX4000 (PCI). im using the JaS 10.4.8 build.

The mx 4000 is card thats working, im getting nothing off the 5700LE other than its recognized in the system profiler. when i bring up my displays control panel, i dont get a dual (or detect) displays choice, and only 1024x768 for my mx4000. both work fine under XP, so i know they arent problematic..

any specific help would be great, ive tried about everything ive found in various threads, but nothing seems to work quite right..thanks!

well, i tried one of the macvidia installers..and after hooking up a CRT (my LDC was getting a mode not supported message) i found that i was getting the greay restart screen of death..so..obviously that didnt work..

any help would be so greatly appreciated..i feel like im running in circles between getting dual monitor support, the ability to change resolutions (on any monitor) and QE/CI support...

well dangit..that would explain a lot..and as far as explaining goes..can anyone give me a good reason why I cant have both cards working? I mean, i know there has been stuff done to get AGP cards working on one level or another, and I can get OS X to recognize both cards and read them properly (tell me thier names, etc)..

so..why cant i use two (or more) cards?