Age of Empires III

Swad

4 posts in this topic

I just got Age of Empires III for PC and love it - I've gotten all the versions of AOE and have spent entirely too much time playing them.

But after doing some searching, I'm a little doubtful that we'll see a Mac version anytime soon, if at all. AOE III is the first AOE to use the Havoc SDK which is not Mac compatible. Perhaps the switch to Intel will help with development issues.

Has anyone else heard anything? Have I missed something or should I not get my hopes up? ;)

Edited by Mashugly

Yeah, I was wondering about Havok... :( Great game, I agree. I bet some of these companies are waiting to see what happens when Apple releases their Intel-based Macs and then decide on courses of action. Maybe we'll get lucky and more games will get ported, but that was never an x86 vs. PPC problem anyway...

Havok is trying to charge the exact same licensing fee for Mac ports as they do brand new PC games. Might sound fair on the surface, but adjusted for numbers of copies, the mac price is about ten times higher. Gamespy just starting doing the same thing. It would be nice if Apple would step in with with their checkbook and try to reach an agreement to help the Mac publishers.

Edited by bjr1028