We are in the darkness.

Hiro_

9 posts in this topic

Guys i'm to two weeks trying find out a model than be compatible with OS X and give me a good performance. In the last months with natit and all than was uncovered in between OS X and Nvidia cards.

So i want ask again, by one more time, what'd be the recommendation for a graphic card, i know than maybe the thats question is barge and i so sorry by this. I've a motherboard with intel D945GTP chipset, to me performance is the main worry.

[]s

:thumbsup_anim:

Hey Junio, your best bet is probably an nvidia 7x00 series.. but really, this stuff is all on the wiki, I'm surprised that an experienced member should be asking such a thing.

as i always keep saying : nvidia 7600 series 256mb versions

"D" since you anwsered someone today, can you take a look at my thread and see perhaps, what the problem is?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...35970&st=60

Have tried everything.

7600 GS

VGA and DVI running two VGA monitors, device id 0x0392

Thanks

Here's another 7600GS recommendation (Asus Silent 256MB in my case). Initially I installed 10.4.8 without the Nvidia drivers provided in the custom setup dialogue. I got graphics, but no CI/QE support and some strange artifacts occured - moving windows and mouse scrolling made most things unreadable unless I refreshed the window.

Someone suggested that I remove GeForce.kext which fixed the artifacts. I tried with a lot of different drivers, but couldn't get CI/QE to work though.

I then decided to reinstall the whole thing and this time go for those Nvidia drivers. Worked out beautifully. After installation I enabled Quartz 2D Extreme following this guide:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11550

That did it.

Thanks boys, I so sorry by the idiot question, really i was out by a time and i lost me after of the than Titan was released. In the Brazil, hardware is much expensive and the OSX86 brazilian boys hasn't conditions of buy the lastest hardwares devices, so we have than wait than the brothers of others countrys, they might with your experiences and help us with yours knowledge. My biggest doubt was while the performance, if some of them has the good performance.

Thanks again by everything.

Actually I find the question right in this time that Apple has yet to introduce new videocard options.

Will for instance the HD 2900 XT which will launch coming monday be the successor of the x1900 XT and more importantly work with Natit? If so with that beast of a card performance should be no worry.