Best Hardware for OSX

monoblock

9 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm going to buy a new CPU, Mainboard, Ram and Graka (sry for my bad english). But what's the best hardware I could choose to get OSX running well?

Can someone help me?

best regards

Dominik

Seriously, if your main OS would be OS X, get a Mac. Even if you get a perfect non-Apple hardware based PC now, there is still a chance that it might not work next update or so. And there is also a great possibility that Leopard will not run on it.

The best place to check is the wiki. You can see a list of many motherboards, CPUs, video cards, and some other accessories, as well as comments about them, and what was needed to get them working (if anything).

Hello!

I'm going to buy a new CPU, Mainboard, Ram and Graka (sry for my bad english). But what's the best hardware I could choose to get OSX running well?

Can someone help me?

best regards

Dominik

Dominik... The motherboard is the core and the key to success with this project. Look at my signature for one configuration. Consider any of the current ASROCK boards and look at the ASUS P5 boards too. That combination runs every Professional Application, CS3 as well as you need it to run. It also runs some serious Windows CAD software equally well. The WIKI is your friend.

Ok thanks! I'll look for a Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or E6700, an ASUS Mainboard (got good experiences with my current A8N SLI-deluxe) and an ATI Radeon x1950 Pro 256MB or nVidia GeForce 8800GT. Maybe I just use my old graka. :thumbsup_anim:

ASUS p5w-dh has nearly perfect compatibility. The only thing that doesn't work is the included remote control. The nvida 8800 series cards are not supported so you'll want to stay away from that one. Look for an X1950XT or XTX (not the pro).

Hope support for the 8800series will come soon, because they're more powerfull than aticards and have full dx10 support....

• 5 months later...