Backing up/restoring OS X

iceman_ice

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone has a good method/programs for doing a COMPLETE backup of an OS X drive... are there tools that can image the disk? etc? What are the best procedures for restore? i.e. a hard drive fails and you want to restore you backup image to a new disk. Thanks in advance!

There's quite a few tools. Some of them working directly under OSX. If you are running osx86 you might want to use the acronis tools, there's disks director and there's true image. The latter is able to make a backup of just about any partition/disks regardless of file system utilizing a sector/sector copy with unknown file systems. Compression is also utilized so empty space is more compressed. Works wonders with OSX. You can have a system back up and running in no time.

There's quite a few tools. Some of them working directly under OSX. If you are running osx86 you might want to use the acronis tools, there's disks director and there's true image. The latter is able to make a backup of just about any partition/disks regardless of file system utilizing a sector/sector copy with unknown file systems. Compression is also utilized so empty space is more compressed. Works wonders with OSX. You can have a system back up and running in no time.

Beautiful.. yeah I think I have TrueImage.. just never tried to backup my OSX drive with it... great to know.. I'll give it a shot and try a restored on a spare disk I have.. will be great if it works :angel: Thanks again..

Beautiful.. yeah I think I have TrueImage.. just never tried to backup my OSX drive with it... great to know.. I'll give it a shot and try a restored on a spare disk I have.. will be great if it works ^_^ Thanks again..

Try This....http://nicemac.com/index.php?topic=323.0

CloneTool Hatchery... a must!

A great tool !

Try This....http://nicemac.com/index.php?topic=323.0

CloneTool Hatchery... a must!

A great tool !

Thanks Everyone! Great suggestions! Will definitely give these a try... especially the hatchery one! I noticed with Carbon Copy Cloner I could never do a proper restore... likely due to the hackintosh boot loader changes... thanks again!