No Airport Driver Found

boumsa

4 posts in this topic

Hello all !

Im newbie in the forum and also in hackintosh too. Please would you excuse my poor english, im french.

So let me explain my problem : I downloaded Jas 10.4.8 AMD INTEL rlze with 10.4.9 Intel update (didn't used it cause have an AMD athlon X2), installed it using VMWARE and it worked perfectly.

So I decided to install it on the hard drive but had problems (in installation process, told me it wasn't properly installed and had to reboot and try to reinstall.)

Finally i decided to transfer my Virtual VMWARE HD to the physical AF partition (very long process !!!). First must to convert the VMDK HD to a VHD HD file with vmdk2vhd (VHD=Virtual PC virtual HD file), mount the vhd with whdmount.exe (very useful tool !!), I backed up the partition with acronis true image and then restored it to the physical HD.

I booted the MACOS partition and first had a "Still wainting for root device". I downloaded the NF4ata.ktext, copied in the mac partition with MacDrive 7 and it solved this problem.

But now I have another freeze on the boot process after this line "Localhost : config [52] : No Airport Driver Found"

I must precize that i have no Airport device on my PC...

Can pleaze someone help me before I try to reinstall again and have the same hard process to do ?

THX all

• 10 months later...

I had the same problem where OSX stuck at grey screen with apple, in text mode it stopped at "No Airport Driver Found" line. I booted into Windows, deleted all kext files and folders containing words: "IntelGMA", "AirPort", "ATI", "NVDA" and ran OSX again. It booted normally allowing me to pass through registration and setting up. Hope this will help.