InsanelyMac Forum
ohpossum

Broadcom 570x and 575x

Advertisement
GREAT STUFF! Got this working for a Dell Precision M90 running 10.6.7 retail with a BCM5752 (Vid 0x14e4 Pid 0x1600).

Based on Sunki's kext file, I replaced the "pci14e4,167b" string in the plist with "pci14e4,1600" and replaced all instances in his kext file with a hex editor from 7b 16 --> 00 16

Works perfectly both in 32 bit and 64 bit!

Enjoy.

I tried this on the vanilla 5701 kext for Lion and it didn't take. Can someone crack that nut?

PmgR, I have the exact same card as you, although lspci appends it with '(Rev 02)', if that matters.

Thanks guys.

Dragon Master, this thread has nothing to do with WiFi adapters. Head elsewhere.

Z

Anyone here with kext for Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5752 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (14e4 1600) for SnowLeopard 10.6.8 or Lion 10.7.2 ??

GREAT STUFF! Got this working for a Dell Precision M90 running 10.6.7 retail with a BCM5752 (Vid 0x14e4 Pid 0x1600).

Based on Sunki's kext file, I replaced the "pci14e4,167b" string in the plist with "pci14e4,1600" and replaced all instances in his kext file with a hex editor from 7b 16 --> 00 16

Works perfectly both in 32 bit and 64 bit!

Enjoy.

Doesn't work for my 5752 on 10.6.8. Have you upgraded to 10.6.8 or 10.7 and got this to work? Thanks.

after several requests for my modded kext for propper working bcm57760, here we go: AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext.zip put it into the plugin folder of ionetworking and checky for working :-) would love to see if it will work on your rigs ,-) cheers, knobsi

Thank you

It works on my gateway ns30 (acer travel mate mb) with broad com 57760

:-)

Sorry for replying in the old post, but i have Broadcom 57xx and Niresh's Maverics. Is there any drivers anymore??

trying to get the ethernet on a Optiplex 740 Enhanced with a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx gigabit controller to work, I have tried AppleBCM5751Ethernet, but still nothing .

ven_14E4

dev_167A

I can:t download the attachment for bcm5752 kext. When I click the link it says that attachment cannot be viewed. Please I need help.