Malfunctioning Volume Media Key

thegodfaza

4 posts in this topic

Same thing happens to me.. on my Dell laptop i have:

Mute | Vol - | Vol + | Play/Pause | Rew | Fwd | Stop

Mute doesn't work... i can't mute my speakers period, not even by going to the lowest volume.

Vol - and Vol + work fine

Play/Pause, Rew, Fwd, Stop don't do anything in OSX of course

My main problems is to get my speakers to mute and have them auto mute when i plug headphones in.

Same thing happens to me.. on my Dell laptop i have:

Mute | Vol - | Vol + | Play/Pause | Rew | Fwd | Stop

Mute doesn't work... i can't mute my speakers period, not even by going to the lowest volume.

Vol - and Vol + work fine

Play/Pause, Rew, Fwd, Stop don't do anything in OSX of course

My main problems is to get my speakers to mute and have them auto mute when i plug headphones in.

My problem is different than yours. My volume media keys worked two days ago. The little blip at the bottom of the screen came up and bar increased and decreased according to what button I pressed. Now all the sudden yesterday they stopped working. I hear the blip and see a thing on the screen that resembles the volume indicator except it has the "no permission" sign and my volume doesn't change. I can change it in the "System Preferences" window but that is inconvenient.

Nevermind about this problem. While trying to fix it I hosed my OSX install and reinstalled it. If anyone does know how to fix this problem please still post as others may have a similar problem.