NVIDIA MOUSE DISAPEARED PROBLEMS -resolved

darko_os

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

as I can see there's still some of you faced with disapeared mouse problems. The easiest, and seems to me, the only solution is to edit boot.plist. I did it and it solved my problem. Go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist and edit it like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>? <string>1680x1050x32@60</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Just edit to fit your desktop resolution, and refreshrate.

Let me know did it worked for you!

How can changing the resolution via the plist make a mouse pointer re-appear? are you using OS X 10.4.8? are you using any of the Nvidia kexts such as DiaboliK's Natit, Omni's NvidiaEFI or np_'s Titan? If you are then editing the plist is totally unnecessary.

Perhaps you are running some kind of 3rd party program that changes mouse behaviour, either that or your USB Mouse/Port isn't working properly.

I thought ATI cards were the only users with mouse pointer issues, such as tearing.

To my knowledge, and I've installed OS X on a lot of Nvidia based machines, changing the screen resolution should have no effect on a Mouse.

Also, get rid of the ? after </key> because the <string> section needs to begin on a seperate line.