After JaS 10.4.9 Everything Slowww :-((

docmac

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was running JaS 10.4.7 and everything was OK :thumbsdown_anim: (Other than DVD player/no video). Then I ran the upgrade :thumbsup_anim::hysterical: :hysterical: and everything is slow. I now have video on DVD player. But hole OS is slow! Icons bounce slow, Movies and game are slow

Is there a fix I have not seen?

Anyone else having these problems?

Please leave a comment

Thanks

Doc

I just did an upgrade to 10.4.9 from 10.4.8 (JaS) running in VMware, and its faster. <shrug>

Thank you for the responses ;)

Indeed, the about this mac says I have a 2.8 Ghz core duo.

I only have a 1.8 core solo vaio Notebook!

Is there a link some place to start to fix this? I guess it is the front side bus, since the about this mac specs are worng!

I am running JaS 4.7 on the other partition and everything is correct!

Please some advice on where to start! :star_smile:

Thanks in advance!

I got my 4.9 fixed.

Thankyou very much macbrush, you told me what I needed in plain english. Thankyou :P:angel_not:

I still have no idea what a kernel is but I just looked on a very nice site "Cough" "Cough" Dem*no!d and found the correct medicine!

Also thanks to gnubeard,XanthraX,elviejo,lord_muad_dib,Zizou and again macbrush.

Good job and thankyou :D

Good Day

D

Hello,

I was running JaS 10.4.7 and everything was OK :unsure: (Other than DVD player/no video). Then I ran the upgrade :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: and everything is slow. I now have video on DVD player. But hole OS is slow! Icons bounce slow, Movies and game are slow

Is there a fix I have not seen?

Anyone else having these problems?

Please leave a comment

Thanks

Doc

I had the same problem with updating 10.4.7. Then I found solution:

Remove your 10.4.7 completely and make fresh installation from Jas 10.4.8 DVD. Follow the comprehensive guide at http://macosx.mybesthost.com/osx86.html

After fresh installation my i865g runs even faster. Now I have 10.4.9 completely working.