Attack Iran. Yay or Nay?

Attack Iran   

82 members have voted

1. 1. Attack Iran?

• Yay
    • Nay

59 posts in this topic

I'm curious how many people are for a 3rd war.

Should the United States start bombing or sending ground forces into Iran at the present time? As far as i know we dont have any reason (not even bad ones) to do so, but a lot of people appear to be for the idea.

I'm curious how many people are for a 3rd war.

Should the United States start bombing or sending ground forces into Iran at the present time? As far as i know we dont have any reason (not even bad ones) to do so, but a lot of people appear to be for the idea.

I am very worried about the United States and the world. I can't even compare the situation to the ancient Roman Empire. It can only be compared to Nazi Germany (when it comes to foreign politics)

I am very worried about the United States and the world. I can't even compare the situation to the ancient Roman Empire. It can only be compared to Nazi Germany (when it comes to foreign politics)

Yes, I agree. Bush America is starting to Resemble Nazi Germany on foreign politics.

I'd like to ask that those who vote actually say something. Otherwise what good is it? ;-p

Someone obviously thinks it's a good idea to bomb other countries for no reason. I want to know their reasoning.

I'd like to ask that those who vote actually say something. Otherwise what good is it? ;-p

Someone obviously thinks it's a good idea to bomb other countries for no reason. I want to know their reasoning.

Dang gw, you don't have any reasoning. Look at the two sentences you wrote: Someone has no reason for wanting something, and you want to know the reason. Try not to let your opinions and bias seep into to your questions cause they cease to be questions and become your answers in question form.

i checked last night, and we have spent around 418 BILLION dollars on the current war. if we attack anyone else, we will be totally in debt. we also might destroy our connections to the rest of the world, and kill many more helplesss civilians. i am for U.S. intervention in darfur though

Does Darfur have any petrol or is it in an important strategic position? :)

no...

people are dying left and right there. if we are in iraq just for the oil, that's just "sleezy".

See, heres the scary thing though, there wouldn't be...people would whine more and then go along with it.

I'm not sure why but I know your right! The few that will protest will be made to look like nut cases by the media .I guess it's because it seems the goverment will do as it pleases no matter what. So it seems to be a waste of time?

for or against attacking Iran everyone here has to realize that attacking Iraq was not for oil, or even some bush family revenge. the invasion of Iraq is part of a pincer movement on Iran. we have afganistan pretty clear and we are waiting for the storm in iraq to settle and what is inbetween iraq and afganistan - IRAN. also, for years america has had people in Iran begining a counter-movent to the one that began last generation with the capture of the american embassy. the youth of iran is rebellious to the current ideals of Iran and are more western in thought than there parents are. America has been turning up the heat - when iraq settles down the americans in iraq and afganistan will attack iran and the movement will boil over - overwhelming the Irani goverment almost instantly

there my friends is the goverment plan

for or against attacking Iran everyone here has to realize that attacking Iraq was not for oil, or even some bush family revenge. the invasion of Iraq is part of a pincer movement on Iran. we have afganistan pretty clear and we are waiting for the storm in iraq to settle and what is inbetween iraq and afganistan - IRAN. also, for years america has had people in Iran begining a counter-movent to the one that began last generation with the capture of the american embassy. the youth of iran is rebellious to the current ideals of Iran and are more western in thought than there parents are. America has been turning up the heat - when iraq settles down the americans in iraq and afganistan will attack iran and the movement will boil over - overwhelming the Irani goverment almost instantly

there my friends is the goverment plan

That is why I also mentioned the important strategic position...

But once again, the Bush administration is delusional.

The logic of the westernized iranians rising up to defeat the clerics is the same as what was said about Iraq.

Also, bear in mind that the president of Iran was democratically elected. Which makes it unreasonable to assume that the vast majority of people are ideologically opposed to him and the Supreme Leader.

The logic of the westernized iranians rising up to defeat the clerics is the same as what was said about Iraq.

Also, bear in mind that the president of Iran was democratically elected. Which makes it unreasonable to assume that the vast majority of people are ideologically opposed to him and the Supreme Leader.

Exactly. I am pretty sure that if they attack Iran it will turn into the worst catastrophe in US History.

Vietnam will look like a walk in the park by comparison.

Also please notice that if the Bush administration keeps pushing like that, eventually they might have a coalition of countries against them, possibly including Russia.

I think Iran will do something politically stupid. Whether it's to the US, Britain, (Canada... NOT! lol), Israel, or anyone... Someone will something too stupid, and another just as stupid will react. Thus, I believe such war is likely to be inevitable especially with Iran's internationally most valued commodity: fossil fuel deposits.

But on US history here:

1. War of 1812 - We were shipping {censored} to the French, who are at war with Britian. Britain takes our ships and it's sailors(impressment). We decide we're justified to wage war with the British because what they did is just WRONG...

2. Mexican American War (1845) - Polk deliberately ordered troops past the Nueces River toward the Rio Grande (No Man's Land) which Mexico percieved as a threat and fired. Polk goes to congress, "OH HELL, AMERICANS HAVE BEEN SHOT. WE MUST GO TO WAR!"

3. War of 1898 - we don't even wait for something "bad" to happen to the American people

4. WWI - we're shipping {censored} to the Allies, the Central Powers sinks our ships (Lusitania sp?)- we think that's just wrong...

5. WWII - eh, well... ^1898, we took the Philipines, Japan needed access... too complicated

6. North Korea - we must stop the communist, the ideas in the brains is infectous and will cause the collapse of humanity.

7. Vietnam - "Commies" {censored} too, but where was the U.S.S. Maddox and U.S.S Turner Joy when they were "allegedly" attacked via torpedo?

8. Our role the formation of Panama and it's Canal

9. Participation in the Iran-Iraq War

10. Desert Storm

11. Iraq

That said, the US isn't exactly some international hero - hell we've NEVER been one. Imperialistic, oppressionist, and aggressive... We have no right to coin even Osama Bin Laden with a denounciation such as "terrorist." Who's the "terrorist?" I'm not sure, but I do know one person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Who am I to say who's who? All I know is, I'm glad we're willing to spend 500 billion dollars on military expenses yearly. <- for those of you who don't know, that's more than the rest of G8 combined.

*** Briefly consider what recently happened with Iran and the British sailors... the question was the all-to-familiar "Where were they?" I believe it was intentional and both the US administration and the Brits were praying Iran would attack in order to internationally justify a war with Iran. Fortunately, I think Iran's a little more intelligent than the American media gives them credit for. Folks in the desert doesn't mean folks without a brain.***

My answer to the overall question; War is never just, but it only takes one idiot who thinks it is to ruin the whole thing.

(Criticism is welcome, just email me if you really want me to reply)

Also please notice that if the Bush administration keeps pushing like that, eventually they might have a coalition of countries against them, possibly including Russia.

yeah, that won't be good, i will move to africa.

I think Iran will do something politically stupid. Whether it's to the US, Britain, (Canada... NOT! lol), Israel, or anyone... Someone will something too stupid, and another just as stupid will react. Thus, I believe such war is likely to be inevitable especially with Iran's internationally most valued commodity: fossil fuel deposits.

But on US history here:

1. War of 1812 - We were shipping {censored} to the French, who are at war with Britian. Britain takes our ships and it's sailors(impressment). We decide we're justified to wage war with the British because what they did is just WRONG...

2. Mexican American War (1845) - Polk deliberately ordered troops past the Nueces River toward the Rio Grande (No Man's Land) which Mexico percieved as a threat and fired. Polk goes to congress, "OH HELL, AMERICANS HAVE BEEN SHOT. WE MUST GO TO WAR!"

3. War of 1898 - we don't even wait for something "bad" to happen to the American people

4. WWI - we're shipping {censored} to the Allies, the Central Powers sinks our ships (Lusitania sp?)- we think that's just wrong...

5. WWII - eh, well... ^1898, we took the Philipines, Japan needed access... too complicated

6. North Korea - we must stop the communist, the ideas in the brains is infectous and will cause the collapse of humanity.

7. Vietnam - "Commies" {censored} too, but where was the U.S.S. Maddox and U.S.S Turner Joy when they were "allegedly" attacked via torpedo?

8. Our role the formation of Panama and it's Canal

9. Participation in the Iran-Iraq War

10. Desert Storm

11. Iraq

That said, the US isn't exactly some international hero - hell we've NEVER been one. Imperialistic, oppressionist, and aggressive... We have no right to coin even Osama Bin Laden with a denounciation such as "terrorist." Who's the "terrorist?" I'm not sure, but I do know one person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Who am I to say who's who? All I know is, I'm glad we're willing to spend 500 billion dollars on military expenses yearly. <- for those of you who don't know, that's more than the rest of G8 combined.

*** Briefly consider what recently happened with Iran and the British sailors... the question was the all-to-familiar "Where were they?" I believe it was intentional and both the US administration and the Brits were praying Iran would attack in order to internationally justify a war with Iran. Fortunately, I think Iran's a little more intelligent than the American media gives them credit for. Folks in the desert doesn't mean folks without a brain.***

My answer to the overall question; War is never just, but it only takes one idiot who thinks it is to ruin the whole thing.

(Criticism is welcome, just email me if you really want me to reply)

Agreed ,and good post BTW.