How to Partition Mac Drive

tman26

6 posts in this topic

Ok here's the deal.

I got Mac up and working. Basically got everything working except my wireless which is the Intel 3495.

Anyway, i dont want to reinstall mac and after doing all this work getting it working, i want to partition my hdd for a storage partition.

how can i achieve partitioning this drive while im using it? I need something like Partition Magic but for mac.

I got this program called Drive Genius which claims it does what i need but when i go to repartition the drive i get this message. "The FDisk_partition_scheme is not currently supported"

Here's another question, Can i use partition magic before the PC boots and parition it like that? i know you can do it with windows.

If anyone knows, pass the knowledge :D

Thanks.

Ok here's the deal.

I got Mac up and working. Basically got everything working except my wireless which is the Intel 3495.

Anyway, i dont want to reinstall mac and after doing all this work getting it working, i want to partition my hdd for a storage partition.

how can i achieve partitioning this drive while im using it? I need something like Partition Magic but for mac.

I got this program called Drive Genius which claims it does what i need but when i go to repartition the drive i get this message. "The FDisk_partition_scheme is not currently supported"

Here's another question, Can i use partition magic before the PC boots and parition it like that? i know you can do it with windows.

If anyone knows, pass the knowledge :jester:

Thanks.

I would download ubuntu and boot to the cd and use the disk utility in that it works great.

Ubuntu 6,10 live cd distro has a kind of gpart compatible with HFS+ (with resizing!)

@Ferret-Simpson:

i've the same tablet-pc, but when i installed jas10.4.8 semthex, i got big problems with keyboard and video card (no support for CI/QE/Q2d). I didn't try wlan/bluetoot.

Could you please suggest me some good links?

bye