After Effects CS3 Beta

wxxhrt

26 posts in this topic

machacker.org has a crack which stops it crashing at the enter serial/2day trial screen

I have the same symptom, but also tried Premiere Pro CS3, with the same results.

Does this affect olny Hacks or Real Mac's too?

same here

tried [k]-ing after effects and it went fine, but crashes on startup (problem report attached)

design premium works flawlessly though and i hoped there would be no problems with after effects and premiere

i'll try the latest koolkai kernel tonight. who knows...

Problem_report_for_Adobe_After_Effects_8.0.txt

Running AE CS3 for five days a couple of hours a day on a Hackintosh (see specs below) and had no problems so far. I used the k found at the 'green demon' and haven't even seen any 2 day restriction. The only thing which seems obvious is that I can't get it to recognise PPC plugins, even when running AE in Rosetta mode.

I hope it'll survive for a while. I'm wondering though if this beta will expire one day anyway or does the k prevent that from happening?

weird..

i can understand it wouldn't run on my machine (amd, via...), but kle500 has very similar rig to yours, solaar (same chipset) and it doesn't work.

kle500, what is your system and kernel version?

solar, you're probably using Jas 10.4.8 + 10.4.9 update (not tubgirl), right?

tubgirl works better for my machine, but i'll try instaling Jas as well to check whether AE wil run...

Yes zarac, I had the Jas 10.4.8 with the mifki kernel (AFAIR) and the koolkal(?) 10.4.9 update - don't know who that is but it works flawlessly...

I don't know if it makes any difference but I never started AE in demo mode before I applied the patch. It was this patch that you drop the AE app on. Apparently due to some bug it changes the extension to .ap but after changing it manually to .app everything was hunky dory.

koolkal is the guy who made the installer only for the latest semthex/netkas kernel.

i have never tried opening non-cracked AE as well, so that's not the problem.

i used the same crack (ap -> app issue)

i'm quite busy these days, so i won't have much time to reinstall with Jas 10.4.8 release.

so combustion, shake and motion will have to do for now...

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else having success on the above App?

Mine crashes one more time, after downloading the latest beta from Adobe Labs.

Tested the 2 day trial.

10.4.8 -> Jas 10.4.9 with 8.9.1 kernel

Also, Design Premium works ok.

• 4 weeks later...

woooohoooo!

got it working with uphuck dvd 1.3 (check my sig for details)

same AE version, same [k].

i can even run avid xpress pro 5.7 i purchased recently (contains both windows and ub osx version).

installer used to crash, but now it works perfectly - no probs with dongle.

i am a happy editor now.

only waiting for premiere cs3 [k], but just out of curiosity.

zarac:

Which beta are you using? The latest one, I think that from may 18th, or the previous one (build 8.0.0.247)? I cannot find a proper crack for it, the current one works only in the previous version which is not available anymore.

only waiting for premiere cs3 [k], but just out of curiosity.

Congrats on your success with AE!

btw I've got Premiere CS3 beta running for a while now. Although I'm actually glad to be in familiar territory (I can't really warm up with FCP and its crowded lot), this Premiere beta is much buggier than AE as soon as you push it a bit.

You can do the k yourself. Just delete the file application.sif under Contents > Resources > AMT in the Package contents of the Premiere app. That should kill the time restriction for good.

btw I've got Premiere CS3 beta running for a while now. Although I'm actually glad to be in familiar territory (I can't really warm up with FCP and its crowded lot), this Premiere beta is much buggier than AE as soon as you push it a bit.

You can do the k yourself. Just delete the file application.sif under Contents > Resources > AMT in the Package contents of the Premiere app. That should kill the time restriction for good.

thanks for the tip, i'll try that.

since editing is my job, i spent countless hours with both premiere and final cut (and many other editing programs).

premiere became usable since version pro 1.5. everything prior to that was ok for small projects, but would start crashing or behaving strangely as timelines got bigger and more crowded.

to me, its a pale copy of final cut, just like what pinnacle liquid is to avid. some "new" premiere pro features and menus (since version pro 1.0) are identical to ones i was used to seeing for years on fcp.

final cut has always been more reliable, and it is the only reason why i installed osx on my home pc in the first place.

i really hope the final version of premiere cs3 will be stable.

the competition will drive both products better.

<br />thanks for the tip, i'll try that.<br /><br />since editing is my job, i spent countless hours with both premiere and final cut (and many other editing programs).<br />premiere became usable since version pro 1.5. everything prior to that was ok for small projects, but would start crashing or behaving strangely as timelines got bigger and more crowded.<br />to me, its a pale copy of final cut, just like what pinnacle liquid is to avid. some "new" premiere pro features and menus (since version pro 1.0) are identical to ones i was used to seeing for years on fcp.<br /><br />final cut has always been more reliable, and it is the only reason why i installed osx on my home pc in the first place.<br />i really hope the final version of premiere cs3 will be stable.<br />the competition will drive both products better.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i downloaded mine on Pbay and i have no problm at all..just added the serial :D

hello,

i think i'm alone that have AE CS3 beta 2 that refuse to load 3party plugins..

the name of plugins is listed on splash screen but not appear in effect window, i have access only those from AE.

someone know this ?

sorry my bad english

thank you

-----------

edited

i found that CS3 accept universal UB and does not accept PPC plugins...of course :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

Well the thing is, from what I understand you can download full final versions of Premiere and AE from Adobe. They'll run as a fully functioning demo for x days (20 or so don't remember exactly). As they state, as soon as you enter a valid serial it becomes a full official version. I don't know if it's 'too good to be true' but check it out on their site.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there

Im another guy with trouble trying to run After Effects CS3. I´m running my hackintosh on a intel core 2 duo 4300, intel motherboard d945gcl and when i try to run AE it crashes with that "send report...." error. Any response on that?

Working on JaS 10.4.8 version.

Thanks

Hello there

Im another guy with trouble trying to run After Effects CS3. I´m running my hackintosh on a intel core 2 duo 4300, intel motherboard d945gcl and when i try to run AE it crashes with that "send report...." error. Any response on that?

Working on JaS 10.4.8 version.

Thanks

I replace the AppleSMBIOS.kext with version 1.6 and it stopped all Adobe CS3 apps from crashing. File attached.

I'm still having issues with After Effects plugins though, I can't get any of the trapcode UB plugins to install. The Vise Installer seems to not work on my hackintosh.

AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

After Effects CS3 works flawlessly on my hacintosh, I'm using paulicat's AppleSMBIOS.kext file, as I consider it to be the best one out there. Without a proper AppleSMBIOS.kext file, it crashes on start.

Can you install Trapcode Shine for AE CS3? Download the trial here: http://www.redgiantemail.com/Products/Trap...ne_Mac_Full.zip

The Vise Installer doesn't run for my system.

I replace the AppleSMBIOS.kext with version 1.6 and it stopped all Adobe CS3 apps from crashing. File attached.

I'm still having issues with After Effects plugins though, I can't get any of the trapcode UB plugins to install. The Vise Installer seems to not work on my hackintosh.

This AppleSMBIOS.kext file, what exactly does it do? By the name it sounds like an important system file. Won't it mess up other things if it's replaced?

• 2 months later...

ok i did it! in a little srange way but hell, it worked

heres how:

partition your disk or any disk you have and install tiger

install AE CS3 in the partition with leopard

go back to your tiger partition and run the crack

look for the application in the leopard disk

DONE!

if you want, go back to your leopard partition and run it for trial... erase your tiger partition and run it again just for testing

i hope it solves your problems!

r.