New Security Update

SA22C

61 posts in this topic

Did you backup loginwindow.app and CarbonCore.framework?

yes, but didn't need because they are the same, I compared the files.

Should I copy them from a 10.4.8 installation?

EDIT: I copied them from my TubGirl's 10.4.8 DVD and now vmware installation is booting, so what's the deal?

but with new compiled kernel it says 2 x 2 Intel Core Solo in the Bout this Mac, weird :mellow:

I thought the Intel Core Solo was a cosmetic edit when I first updated to 10.4.9. I have a P4 and it says that as well. It's better than Unknown. ;)

However I just reverted back to the old login window (though the new one was working, I had the same issue as @Sabr regarding RAM in ATM) That changed it back to Intel Pentinum 4

:rolleyes: I update the security thing, My OSX just boot, but it stay at the blue screen with spinnig ringing forever!!! Anyway to fix that?

Thank! ^_^

I also have the problem where I updated the security, I reboot and my OSX has the blue screen with the spinnig ringing forever!!! How can I fix this.

Thanks

I also have a problem where I updated the security, I rebooted and OS X goes through its post scripts and loads the blue screen and the blue screen with the spinnig wheel never goes away. Is this a problem with the loginwindow.app? Is there a way to copu this file from the CD?

Thanks

Its because you guys dont read... It was said to backup loginwindow and carboncore.framework and restore them after update...

Thanks for your ingenious insight despite the fact that most everyone on this sight have not backed up and have had no problem with their restart.

I had to do th following backup for the 10.4.9 update. Can I recover from this backup:

cp /mach_kernel /old

cp -R /system/library/coreservices/loginwindow.app/

Would the following work:

cp /old /mach_kernel

cp -R /loginwindow.app /system/library/coreservices/

Thanks for the help