Is this dual boot/chain0 (problem?) normal?

Vico

4 posts in this topic

k....thnxs to this forum and those great ppl who help...ive got mac os x 10.4.9 and vista with a dual boot configuration....but i think i might have a problem when the dual boot menu comes up ive got vista and mac...(vista is my defult os) and when i select mac to boot into that os its followed by a this very short black screen with the "_" this line jumping down quickly and then it returns to the boot screen again (with vista beging defult and osx) ..if i press enter again to get into osx ill do that blank black screen again with that lin _ and then again return to the os selectin screen....if i keep on doing it it will just keep on looping.....well for me to get into osx...when that blank black screen comes up (straight after the mac osx has been selected) i have to press f8 and then i get another boot select (i think its darwin? ...not just im a total mac noob) and then i can select osx and i get in (but still even on that darwin thingo vista is still my defult)....the probelm i talking about (maybe its not a problem??) is y do i have to press f8 during that blank black screen with _ on it....y (and i have barely any time to do it cuase if i miss it goes back to boot selection not darwin).....is there any way were i can just press macos x and just striaght away boot into mac instead of going to f8 and then down arrow and then going in ..... (ive serched this forum and google and i havn't found a solution...is there a solution)?....ive used that this method...http://www.profit42.com/index.php/2007/04/...indows-machine/.....to do it

thnxs anyone for any help :lol:

My experience with this method.

I had the same problem for about half a year.

The i decided to edit the chain0 line in the windows boot file.

The problem was that my line looked like this:

C:\chain0="Mac OS X"

and by making this change:

C:\chain0 = "Mac OS X"

dual boot worked :)

Didn't know 2 spaces could make such a difference. Don't know if this helps you, but it's worth a try.