tops

10.4.9 Source Released

65 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Got it and having a look, hopefully tonight we will have a 10.4.9 SSE3 Speedstep kernel

Have kernel booting on my PC now, adding autofsb from daemones when i can be bothered :( next up is efi patch and then speedstep

is that the Core syncing issue? where you stutter and stuff?

nd was semthex's latest sse3 kernels , i dont have source for that, did it work on mifki/daemones's kernel?

Kiko: this might be an odd question, but Dell BIOS hates OS X when it comes to using both cores. Is this something that can be fixed by making a special kernel for us Dell BIOS users? Or is it impossible?

woops. lord_muad_dib, sorry i just realised mifki is intel only ;), so no point. gburnham, thats a timing issue as well, i dont know how to fix it, or even where to start. But it should be impossible

EDIT: Try daemones's kernel anyway, im confused now, as his sources have the 0xfb interrupt and some cpuid code

Ok, 10.4.9 Intel SSE3/Speedstep is functional, thanks to daemonES, mifki and paulicat for the patches.

SSE2 (later tonight, have latest version now) and amd coming up later, get kernel and throttle kext on moofspeak in a couple of hours (once i tweak it a bit more)

EDIT: Sleep Works fine for me

sse2intelvr5.th.png

Does anyone here know how to re-poll/re-connect USB devices via the terminal, because if so , then tha would make alot more hacks sleep and wake perfect (instead of having to unplug the usb mouse to make it work again :thumbsup_anim:)

I know how.

You can contact me on IRC.

LE: not applicable to kernel, kernel functions needed instead

Send me a PM, as im going off to bed i am tired, i'll do AMD tommorow, sse2 needs more work, i have the emulator embedded but have a small booting problem.

Apart from that, the Intel one on the irc channel (#kernel on irc.moofspeak.net) is working pretty much perfect, just have to tweak a cpuid setting on that and it should be final or close to it, then i incorporate the amd and vmware patches. Fix SSE2 then release the source. :thumbsup_anim:

efi patch is only to allow GUI, efi to rom basically, and to make efi_init(); return early.

For those who want to test speedstep sse3 10.4.9 its on moofspeak, AMD coming tonite hopefully with sse2

Hi, kiko

Have you able to recomplie the cputhrottle.kext with no debug output?

or even had you have time to see if manual setting the multiple states is possible? (like we discussed long time ago?)

I made a copy of the kext with no debug output, i'll upload it here, and i havent found custom states yet, but i know it can be done. im a bit busy on trying to get sse2 to work (as im not a nice person, i dont get the code :rolleyes:).