Wireless Lan EW-7128g /w ralinktech Driver

12 posts in this topic

I have exactly this chip on my DiGIMAX pci card, but have no succes with this driver. The card isn`t shown in system profiler, that means that os x can`t see it at all. I will try to change PCI slot maybe it helps.

Thanks for posting this link, that`s definitely step in the right direction!

• 2 weeks later...

i found one guy on this forum that with rt2561 working native after he changed his I089211Family.kext to 10.4.5 version form 10.4.8. i tried it with my card and it didn`t help but in verbose mode i had some different messages like trying to load driver... hope it helps!

• 1 month later...

I can't believe it I just receive the card today and it's not working... The weird thing is that on the box they say it's mac os compatible and ralink got the driver... I am so sad...

Failo can you give the link of the guy you are talking about?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

yo guys, i have EW-7128G rt2561 chip won't work with this driver,

Mar 12 16:42:22 localhost kernel[0]: com.Ralink.driver.RT61CardBusDriver isn't avalid mach-o
Mar 12 16:42:22 localhost kernel[0]: error mapping module file com.Ralink.driver.RT61CardBusDriver
Mar 12 16:42:22 localhost kernel[0]: can't map com.Ralink.driver.RT61CardBusDriver in preparation for loading
Mar 12 16:42:22 localhost kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.Ralink.driver.RT61CardBusDriver.
Mar 12 16:42:22 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "RT61CardBusDriver"

won't work in the Tiger and Leopard.

solution ?

thx!

• 2 months later...

Snap! everything works fine just no internets without this card workin. anyone ever find anything? i'm probably just gonna order the cheapest N adapter i can find.

:rolleyes:

yo guys, i have EW-7128G rt2561 chip won't work with this driver,

Mar 12 16:42:22 localhost kernel[0]: com.Ralink.driver.RT61CardBusDriver isn't avalid mach-o
Mar 12 16:42:22 localhost kernel[0]: error mapping module file com.Ralink.driver.RT61CardBusDriver
Mar 12 16:42:22 localhost kernel[0]: can't map com.Ralink.driver.RT61CardBusDriver in preparation for loading
Mar 12 16:42:22 localhost kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.Ralink.driver.RT61CardBusDriver.
Mar 12 16:42:22 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "RT61CardBusDriver"

won't work in the Tiger and Leopard.

solution ?

thx!

• 1 year later...

I have the 7128g and I can't find a driver for 10.6.4 anywhere. Is there any way to trick Airport into thinking the 7128g is the default wireless card? Or maybe a set of drivers for a different card that the 7128g can use?

It's really annoying to have the drivers work on 10.5, but not on 10.6. What is that all about?

• 4 months later...
I have the 7128g and I can't find a driver for 10.6.4 anywhere. Is there any way to trick Airport into thinking the 7128g is the default wireless card? Or maybe a set of drivers for a different card that the 7128g can use?

It's really annoying to have the drivers work on 10.5, but not on 10.6. What is that all about?

Looks like we're in the same boat. I've scoured the internet looking for some way to get this card to play nice in 10.6. So far, no luck...Anyone else had any luck with this card?