InsanelyMac Forum
Madman_jp

X1300pro AGP dual display help

Hi...I am new to the forum and the mac scene to be honest...i am using Jas10.4.8 installed the ati patches and intel patches that version does recognize the card but says display is off and only dsub works:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1300 Series

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7142

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

AL1917W:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display:

As far as memory i have 1gig board only has 2 slots but this is what it displayed

A0/Bank0/1:

Size: 512 MB

Type: RAM

Speed: 400 MHz

A1/Bank2/3:

Size: Empty

Type: Empty

Speed: Empty

Srry for the long list....just feel lost thru all the pages (269) so if someone could kindly direct me to the right post I would apreciate....

Advertisement

Ok...I am used to talking to myself :rolleyes: ..but seriously....I downloaded the Natit_edit..I now have two display but mirrored..No CI, no QE

Radeon X1300 Series:

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Core Image: Not Supported

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

doesn't recognize my Acer anymore nor does it recognize my Dell...both 19"

one DSUB one DVI...That is still progress to me....

I am a wannabe webdesigner have two 19" wide screen would be nice to work with.... :rolleyes:

Any help would be apreciated....

Ok...I am used to talking to myself :rolleyes: ..but seriously....I downloaded the Natit_edit..I now have two display but mirrored..No CI, no QE

Radeon X1300 Series:

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Core Image: Not Supported

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

doesn't recognize my Acer anymore nor does it recognize my Dell...both 19"

one DSUB one DVI...That is still progress to me....

I am a wannabe webdesigner have two 19" wide screen would be nice to work with.... :rolleyes:

Any help would be apreciated....

use natitx1300 from my site, download the installer pkg and you should be fine. (link in sig)

ATi cards dont work verywell for dual extended monitors and especially the x1300 dosent like dvi.

best to get an nvidia card (7600 series or 7300 series) for extended dual monitor support

-DiaboliK

I downloaded the installer.. did what you suggested, but no difference at all....

Is there any particular reason it says 10.4.9 in the installer package?

I downloaded the installer.. did what you suggested, but no difference at all....

Is there any particular reason it says 10.4.9 in the installer package?

do you read what the installer says or do you just click buttons?

I read what it says....repair permisions...reboot in verbose to see what it says....anything else i might be missing?

Was i to delete the cache first and remove the old natit ?

PS...i see everybody talk about Geforce 7600 ..Will the extensions work for anything above that ?

Because If Icannot ge the Ati to work I will go for the Nvdia....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• I've commited the actual code, later I'll make it as first example. Taken from edk2, I'm making this to work with: struct EDID_BLOCK { var Header : [UInt8] = [UInt8](repeating: 0, count: 8) //EDID header "00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00" var ManufactureName : UInt16 = 0 //EISA 3-character ID var ProductCode : UInt16 = 0 //Vendor assigned code var SerialNumber : UInt32 = 0 //32-bit serial number var WeekOfManufacture : UInt8 = 0 //Week number var YearOfManufacture : UInt8 = 0 //Year var EdidVersion : UInt8 = 0 //EDID Structure Version var EdidRevision : UInt8 = 0 //EDID Structure Revision var VideoInputDefinition : UInt8 = 0 var MaxHorizontalImageSize : UInt8 = 0 //cm var MaxVerticalImageSize : UInt8 = 0 //cm var DisplayTransferCharacteristic : UInt8 = 0 var FeatureSupport : UInt8 = 0 var RedGreenLowBits : UInt8 = 0 //Rx1 Rx0 Ry1 Ry0 Gx1 Gx0 Gy1Gy0 var BlueWhiteLowBits : UInt8 = 0 //Bx1 Bx0 By1 By0 Wx1 Wx0 Wy1 Wy0 var RedX : UInt8 = 0 //Red-x Bits 9 - 2 var RedY : UInt8 = 0 //Red-y Bits 9 - 2 var GreenX : UInt8 = 0 //Green-x Bits 9 - 2 var GreenY : UInt8 = 0 //Green-y Bits 9 - 2 var BlueX : UInt8 = 0 //Blue-x Bits 9 - 2 var BlueY : UInt8 = 0 //Blue-y Bits 9 - 2 var WhiteX : UInt8 = 0 //White-x Bits 9 - 2 var WhiteY : UInt8 = 0 //White-x Bits 9 - 2 var EstablishedTimings : [UInt8] = [UInt8](repeating: 0, count: 3) var StandardTimingIdentification : [UInt8] = [UInt8](repeating: 0, count: 16) var DetailedTimingDescriptions : [UInt8] = [UInt8](repeating: 0, count: 72) var ExtensionFlag : UInt8 = 0 //Number of (optional) 128-byte EDID extension blocks to follow var Checksum : UInt8 = 0 } typealias EDID = EDID_BLOCK ...let you know
    • Wrong    No need to connect any TB device before booting the system. The TBEX 3 get's fully automatically initialised and implemented by OSX as soon a TB or TB XHC USB device will be connected to the already operational macOS system.   >>> https://youtu.be/JSNp75UOfq4 <<<   Give it a try with my SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml properly adapted to your system    Full TB Hot Plug Functionality!    Maybe you also need an update to SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 in addition?   Cheers,   KGP
    • Hi @KGP-iMacPro, finally after more than a month some progress! Unfortunately this is not the definitive answer, but it poses other questions.
      What I did not say yesterday, is that once the THB_C cable is removed the Thunderbolt PCI card is not loaded by the system at startup. But if I have a device connected and turned on before boot the PCI card is recognized and loaded correctly, but not only, in this way you have the hotplug of all devices! To make it work, add "PCI-Thunderbolt One" to PXSX/BR1A. It works either with Arbitrary inject or with _DSM method on SSDT (better because the devices can be implemented on the PCI system info).   I use a Thunderbolt dock that turns on when I turn on the computer (to be precise, since I use Fix Shutdown, never turns off like my USB devices), and then the Thunderbolt PCI card is charged every time the computer is started and all the devices after the dock are hotpluggable.   Based on the original Apple SSDT of an iMac18,3, I realized this: SSDT-TB3 V3.zip (Updated version)
      However I do not know if it works correctly on both Thunderbolt ports and USB-C devices. I will do some more tests when we have the final solution.

Obviously as I said, this is not a solution, but it makes clear that the problems with the hotplug derive from the functions that add the THB_C cable, so we are faced with two ways:
      1- Finding the way to make the PCI card load from the system even without a connected THB_C cable
      2- Understand what features this cable provides and whether it can be found in ACPI paths to include it in the SSDT    
    • Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.3 USB Installer Boot Into USB DIrectly Enter Exit Option Menu. Clover Boot Menu Not Showing. Plz Help .................     My System Specification :

CPU : Core i5 6400
      MB : Asus H110M-CS
      RAM : 8GB DDR 4
      HDD : WD 1TB For Windows And WD 500 GB For Hackintosh
      Bootloader : Clover
    • I think I found a way to use an nvidia helper card... On the internet they say if you cut the end of the PCI-e x1 slot, an x16 PCI-e video card will work in it. I have an 8600gt which works OOB in high sierra, but I'm not sure if I can set it as primary since in bios I have only PEG/PCI or PCI/PEG primary video. Maybe I can set it as primary from DSDT or clover?