Laptop keyboard - special keys (@, end, scrup,...)

direx

5 posts in this topic

I managed to get my laptop keyboard to work using:

"kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext"

The German keyboard layout is working as well, but I cannot really get those special keys to work.

The most annoying thing is the "@"-symbol, you usually get it by pressing "AltGR" and "Q" (on a German keybord). But what also bugs me is that the "PageUP", "PageDN", "End" and "Home" do not work I would them expect to work. After 4 years of using Linux I am used to those keys, so I would like that "Pos 1" brings me to the beginning of a line and so on...

I have already tried to create a "Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict"-file, but it does not have any effect. Does anybody know, how to change the bahaviour of these keys and how to switch the strg, alt, and "win***s"-key?

• 7 months later...

Bringing this post back to live, I managed it to Install jas version on my asus a4k amd 64 3000+. But I have the same problem direx has. The function keys are not working, and I am missing the @ key. I had an ubuntu 7.10 installed befor and with ubuntu I have used all keys.

Does anyone know something on how to get these key to work?

best

SG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...