Keyboard doesn't work in Vista now

Allan Wilson

3 posts in this topic

To make a long story short, I had installed Vista (Ultimate) with Boot Camp 1.1.2B, then installed InputMapper after getting Vista running.

Today I noticed that BC 1.2B was out and so proceeded to create a new driver CD. Everything seemed to be going okay installing the new drivers, but when it got to Apple Remote I got a "Blue Screen of Death" referring to InputRemapper.sys (though the exact name may have been different); the same thing happened a second time around. After uninstalling InputRemapper and deleting the driver, thinking that would solve the problem, now my keyboard does not work and neither touchpad nor USB mouse works. In other words, I can't login or otherwise use Windows now...

Any suggestions on how to get my keyboard and mouse back?

Thanks

To make a long story short, I had installed Vista (Ultimate) with Boot Camp 1.1.2B, then installed InputMapper after getting Vista running.

Today I noticed that BC 1.2B was out and so proceeded to create a new driver CD. Everything seemed to be going okay installing the new drivers, but when it got to Apple Remote I got a "Blue Screen of Death" referring to InputRemapper.sys (though the exact name may have been different); the same thing happened a second time around. After uninstalling InputRemapper and deleting the driver, thinking that would solve the problem, now my keyboard does not work and neither touchpad nor USB mouse works. In other words, I can't login or otherwise use Windows now...

Any suggestions on how to get my keyboard and mouse back?

Thanks

If you connect an external keyboard/mouse it might work. What version of Input Remapper were you using?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did manage to get things working again:

1) Selecting Vista installation disk after holding down Option key and restarting (*not* the failing Windows)

2) Running a repair from the installation disk

3) Going back to an earlier Restore Point

Once it was working again, I installed the latest InputRemapper from the Website (1.0.03). So far, so good!

Thanks again.