Apple TV OS is up for download!

Prawker

37 posts in this topic

<key>ProductName</key>

<string>Apple TV OS</string>

<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>

<string>10.4.7</string>

Hmm... Interesting...

EDIT: I'm extrapolating all the resources from the disc in an attempt to figure out how it all works: I got the screensavers already and they work on OS X, hehehe...

This could be quite interesting, as the processor in the Apple TV lacks SSE3...

Also, I have a hackintosh HTPC just now which would be killer to run with the Apple TV OS :rolleyes:

(Except i'd want to retrofit EyeTV and DVD playback support ;))

Grabbing the 200MB image now, has anyone confirmed it is a legit? I wonder if its possible to get it to run in Parallels :rolleyes: as I doubt i would be able to install it on my MBP as the original OS was 10.4.8, if anyone wants to try it with me we should start another thread in the AppleTV section.

Edit: It is legit yay, just the OS, not the boot partitions,damn :-/, looking through it seems very interesting, It has a lot of frameworks like AppleTalk inside, I wonder if you can use AppleTalk with it. I wish I had the whole system to mess with but I'll deal with it later.

This should be fairly easy to get running. 15 minutes to go with the torrent... faking hardware isn't that hard

Well, if it's so easy, be sure to let us know how you get on with it... :)

The digg link is dead.

In reality though, it's useless to download those giant images. It can easily be run on a currently installed system, and only requires the Finder and two frameworks. That can hardly require you to waste another 200mb's or so of bandwith. Someone just needs to upload an archive/installer with only those files, and problem solved.