VMWARE 5.5 Clone

scousi

7 posts in this topic

I have 10.4.1 running on an M50 Toshiba laptop. Using maxxuss patches, I have it running smoothly with Wi-Fi and sound (although choppy).

I want to install 10.4.3 using the Maxxuss guide.

My problem is that when I clone my working Tiger version unsing VMWARE cloning feature, the networking in the cloned version no longer works before even changing anything. I've re-applied the maxxuss net patch but I have the same problem.

Has anyone run into this issue? I really don't want to take a chance and patching my working 10.4.1 without a backup.

I have 10.4.1 running on an M50 Toshiba laptop. Using maxxuss patches, I have it running smoothly with Wi-Fi and sound (although choppy).

I want to install 10.4.3 using the Maxxuss guide.

My problem is that when I clone my working Tiger version unsing VMWARE cloning feature, the networking in the cloned version no longer works before even changing anything. I've re-applied the maxxuss net patch but I have the same problem.

Has anyone run into this issue? I really don't want to take a chance and patching my working 10.4.1 without a backup.

Do you use a real installation or just a VMware installation. If it's natively installed:

Use an imaging software like Ghost (DOS/win) or partimage (linux). If the update don't work, just make a rollback with your image.

Do you use a real installation or just a VMware installation. If it's natively installed:

Use an imaging software like Ghost (DOS/win) or partimage (linux). If the update don't work, just make a rollback with your image.

I"m using deadmoo image with VMWARE install and then applying maxxuss patches. This works OK.

It's just when I make a clone of a working Tiger VM, the clone doesn't work like the original. The original still works. The clone should work exacly like the original if you don't make any modifications.

I"m using deadmoo image with VMWARE install and then applying maxxuss patches. This works OK.

It's just when I make a clone of a working Tiger VM, the clone doesn't work like the original. The original still works. The clone should work exacly like the original if you don't make any modifications.

If you are using VMware, just copy your VM to another folder and start it from there. You should have 2 identical VM now and with one them you can experience. I don't think you need to clone it with the software.

If you are using VMware, just copy your VM to another folder and start it from there. You should have 2 identical VM now and with one them you can experience. I don't think you need to clone it with the software.

I tried that also. No go. Strange isn't it? I think it`s a bug in 5.5. I cloned with 5.0 and no problems.