PowerColor X1600 Pro AGP 512mb

h4ck1nt05h

7 posts in this topic

Here's my computer specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (SSE2)

ASUS K8N-E mobo

PowerColor Radeon X1600 Pro 512mb AGP (dev id 71cd)

Semthex 8.8.1 kernel

JaS 10.4.8 AMD/Intel SSE2 SSE3 with no ATI options chosen (tried them, same result)

Latest version of AGPGart

Thanks to Diabolik's X1600.kext, Natit is now working. I can change resolutions and refresh rates OK. However, as soon as I put my device/vendor ID in ATIRadeonX1000.kext, set permissions, delete .mkext and .kextcache and restart, I get a kernel panic. I have tried Neo's installer, JaS Radeon kexts, 10.4.8 kexts, 10.4.5 kexts, and all the kexts I could find on the forum for mobility or regular. I am using 10.4.5 ATINDRV and 10.4.5 IONDRVSupport. Even if I change the Info.plist and do a kextload ATIRadeonX1000.kext, I get a kernel panic immediately. The panic is practically identical to the one in this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=44104

It gives the same kexts for dependencies. Does anyone have this card working with QE/CI or have any idea as to what I should do next? I'm so close to having a fully functioning machine... please help!

Thanks!

Hi to everybody.

My hardware configuration is:

Mobo: Asrock 775i65G (Intel 865G)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 Mhz

RAM: 1GB DDR

Video card: Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro 512 MB AGP (id: 71cd)

Software:

JaS 10.0.48 AMD/Intel SSE2 SSE3 with no ATI options

AGPGart

I have the same problem (with the same "kernel panic" of course...) of Athlon64.

Same "experiments" done like Athlon64... same results!

So, with different mobo and CPU but same (almost) video card the final result don't change!

If someone have an idea...

Sorry for my terrible english!

Many many thanks!

• 3 months later...