Installation Success: Patch Success

defylogik

2 posts in this topic

Well, it took a while, but i had sucess with osx86 on a box i built specifically to run it. Only problems was a kernel fault every time i went to install. Problem was i burnt the dvd on too fast of a setting on my burner. I reccommend burning at 2x to ensure a perfect burn, with no problems.

My system

MSI 915g combo board

p4 2.66 775socket SSE3

Intel graphics on board ( i get full acceleration)

512 cheap crappy ram.

BENQ 16x dvd burner.

80gb 7200 hard drive i had in my old system

Total cost with case was 300 bucks. i had to buy a 50 dollar case no one had a 24 pin power connection except for the more expensive ones. not bad for power that trumps a mini and powerbook.

that is all, it just runs great. VERY fast in the os, at least compared to my 1.25 powerbook w/ tiger. only thing i am dissapointed about is photoshop and other emulated programs, the speed hit sucks, so i will use my powerbook instead for that.

Also applied the patch to 10.4.3, and all seems to be well so far. dont forget to repair permissions after the upgrade, as with all os x upgrades.

this machine will make a nice addition to my family, which includes a 450mhz g3, and a g4 1.25 powerbook. cant wait till more unibins get released

Thanks for all the great info on the board.

Good job, nice setup.

I reccommend burning at 2x to ensure a perfect burn
Usually one would verfiy the image after the burn for an OS image like that (check the verify checkbox after Nero starts burning).
photoshop and other emulated programs, the speed hit sucks
Rosetta runs faster with more memory (1 to 2 GB seems much faster than 256M to 512M; yes, it will no longer be a $199 Mac but it is worth it :P )