X1700 kernel panic | Screenshot inside!

lord123

14 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

im trying to get my X1700 working with Diabolik's method but i get always a kernel panic in AtiRadeonX1000.kext! I have ATINDRV 10.4.5 and IONDRVSupport 10.4.5 in my extensions...also i have Mobility.kext and Atiradeonx1000.kext! Without Atiradeonx1000.kext MacOs boots and shows that X1700 is found, but no kext loaded for it(no CI/QE). With AtiRadeonX1000.kext i get a kernel panic!

I just added Dev and Ven Id to Atiradeonx1000.kext!

Screenshot

dsc00153iu0.jpg

Thank you for helping,

Greetings, lord

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks,

im trying to get my X1700 working with Diabolik's method but i get always a kernel panic in AtiRadeonX1000.kext! I have ATINDRV 10.4.5 and IONDRVSupport 10.4.5 in my extensions...also i have Mobility.kext and Atiradeonx1000.kext! Without Atiradeonx1000.kext MacOs boots and shows that X1700 is found, but no kext loaded for it(no CI/QE). With AtiRadeonX1000.kext i get a kernel panic!

I just added Dev and Ven Id to Atiradeonx1000.kext!

Screenshot

dsc00153iu0.jpg

Thank you for helping,

Greetings, lord

yeap that's what happening on mine to ... but thanks to DiaboliK i do not lose the hope. He made for me some kext's to try ... as soon that i get to my mac box ... do few tests ... i'l reply if there is some positive results.

All the best

Hi all,

Just las night i had some time to do a test with the DiaboliK kext ... so ... To make the long story shorter:

Installed the JaS SSE3 intel combo update to 10.4.9 with the new kernel.

Used AtiRadeonx1000.kext edited for me by DiaboliK and get the kernel panic but with the difference from the last kernel (8.8.1) like this:

Kernel 8.8.1

the panic:

com.apple.iokit.iopcifamily

com.apple.iokit.iographicsfamily

com.apple.iokit.iondrvsupport

Kernel 8.9.1

the panic:

com.apple.iokit.iographicsfamily

com.apple.iokit.iondrvsupport

I belive we are close to the Valhalladay ...

I'l do another test using the iographicsfamily and iondrvsupport from 10.4.7 and post some results.

Thanks DiaboliK for your work !

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Did anybody ever manage to get x1700 working ? Not sure even for x1600,x1700 post (bigest one).

Thanks for help.

Later i'll post here some detalied how to for those with Mobility x1700 ... only res change ... internal LCD and external VGA

Check on the last pages !

All best