Time Issue on Dual Boot XP & Mac OSX

Neo-Keledai

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

Couple weeks ago, I have succeded to install DUAL Mac OSX 10.4.6 and Windows in my laptop (Acer Aspire 5583) *using ACRONIS 10*.

My current configuration

1st partition (Primary) Windows XP

2nd partition (Primary) Mac OSX

3rd partition (Extended)

Laptop Configuration:

Core Duo T5500 (1.66 GHz, 667 Mhz FSB)

Intel GMA950 --> Working

RAM: 1.25 Gb

HD: 60 GB

LAN: Yukon --> Not Working

Wifi: Intel 345 ABG --> Not working

Sound: Realtek --> Not working

My problems:

I have different "time" / "clock" between Windows XP and Mac OSX. There are several hours of difference if i go boot in on one of the OS. (My OSX time are more faster couple hours than my Windows XP time)

And if I change in XP it will change in the OSX and vice versa. So I can't get the same time....

Have someone has same experience with me?

And how to fix it ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Keledai - Indonesia

To sort this problem out for me I used the w32tm /resync trick. I made mine as a .bat file so that Windows automatically resyncs on startup. Try this.

Thanks for your respond, but I don't think it will correct my problems. Since what I mean in this thread are:

- If I am booting into my XP, it shows correct time & date, and if I close and reboot into my Mac OSX, it will show different time, not same as my XP. The different is about couple hours ahead in my OSX.

To make more clear, here I attached the screen shot

post-73396-1172118196_thumb.jpg

Sorry for confusing at the first place. How this would clear my problems :D

Thanks anyway,

Best Regards,

Keledai

Thanks for shockme17 comments

i don't think you understand what appletime.exe is or what i'm asking..

bootcamp installs files such as appletime.exe onto the xp filesystem. appletime.exe changes the XP time, to match the time set in OSX. XP sets the time to local time, and apple uses UTC.

I never asked to run appletime.exe in OSX. Since I believe that setting the time should have nothing to do with EFI, I wanted to know how (if possible) I can get AppleTime.exe to change the time in Windows, so that the time would be the same in both operating systems.

":P"

AND his thread

this has already been discussed, and you'd find your answer if you did some searching.. xp uses a different way to handle time than osx. i believe that xp uses local time, and osx figures time based on gmt.

bootcamp installs files such as appletime.exe onto the xp filesystem. appletime.exe changes the XP time, to match the time set in OSX. XP sets the time to local time, and apple uses UTC.

And Finally I found the RESOLUTUION

System Clock does NOT have the correct time? Try this...

• 1 year later...

The resolution to use RealtimeIsUniversal in the windows registry is not very good. This is an old relict from windows nt and is not supportet in newer windows versions.

The registry-key is only working at boot, because its only within the kernel. After a standby or after 1 hour your clock is incorrect again. It seems that there is no way to disable the sync of windows with the hardware clock. Stopping w32time doesnt help.

The only fix for the problem in windows is timesync. If windows find a ntp-server it dont sync with the hardware clock.

A real solution for this problem I know only for linux. There you can say to the system that you want use the hardware clock as local time (rcS - UTC=yes). Is there eventually something similar in osx?