Error Loading Operating system...

nebulight

4 posts in this topic

I couldn't find any guides on how to install with the bootable DVD with a windows XP partition already installed, so I kinda winged it.

I had XP, and made a 8gb partition in Fat32 with partition magic

Booted to the DVD and opened the disk utility and converted it to HFS and installed

Now I get the Error loading operating system screen when I boot up. Since this partition (HFS) was at the end of my drive, I assumed I could just boot to windows and then edit my boot.ini info and be on my way.

I tried to install Acronis boot loader, but it installs but does nothing, doesn't give me an option for which partitions to boot from or anything...

Can this be saved?

BTW, this is a laptop with one drive. Sony S460

Error loading operating system means that the active partition (probably the HFS one) can't boot properly. Use any disk management utility to set it back to your windows partition, and you'll get it back.

Error loading operating system means that the active partition (probably the HFS one) can't boot properly. Use any disk management utility to set it back to your windows partition, and you'll get it back.

how one someone do it without a floppy and another computer, IE my laptop?

I have a weird problem...

On my other PC i have exported on c:/tiger the file from the torrent and also place there dd.exe ..

Then i did everything neccessery in the cmd, and then reboot.

and then it's written Error loading operating system !

It can't load WINXP not even OSX!!!!

What to do ?

Is it wrong, that i put the unpartition space from c: where the winxp is already installed ?

Can OSX and WINXP run on the same partition (C:) ?

I followed this guide :

http://usuarios.lycos.es/subosx86/page1/page1.html

It stopped at this point :

Reboot to view the Darwin Bootloader

The whole cmd process (installation of image), should take no longer than 30 mins.

I rebooted, but there was only written

Error loading operating system !