Gimpshop

soundboy

11 posts in this topic

I thought the same way at first. " the gimp sucks and the photoshop is good" What is mostly right. But when I installed my hackintosh then I thought different. The fact that jea photoshop is great and u can do a lot of things in there and it is very comfortable. But! THe fackt that it takes allmost all your ram ! And that when u deal with photos with size like 2 mb or more then I seem to be likeing gimp more.

Gimp is like paint. It is small and there is nothing to eat my ram. It just runs faster and works more stable.

I don't know, for me I am just more comfortable with GimpShop. It does feel more like Photoshop, and barring some miracle where I can actually afford CS3 (or someone can send me a valid key), it is the program I have decided to stick with.

Assuming you're undergoing any type of education, you can get quite a bit of the price down with Adobe (CS2 is a tenth of the price as an Edu version).

I don't know, for me I am just more comfortable with GimpShop. It does feel more like Photoshop, and barring some miracle where I can actually afford CS3 (or someone can send me a valid key), it is the program I have decided to stick with.

You know that there are always cracks and hacks for it? :-)

if you use Google wisely then you should be able to find it within five links.