• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
soundboy

Gimpshop

11 posts in this topic

Unless you know how to use GIMP, don't bother installing it. It does absolutely nothing that makes it feel more like Photoshop, unfortunately.

I thought the same way at first. " the gimp sucks and the photoshop is good" What is mostly right. But when I installed my hackintosh then I thought different. The fact that jea photoshop is great and u can do a lot of things in there and it is very comfortable. But! THe fackt that it takes allmost all your ram ! And that when u deal with photos with size like 2 mb or more then I seem to be likeing gimp more.

Gimp is like paint. It is small and there is nothing to eat my ram. It just runs faster and works more stable.

I don't know, for me I am just more comfortable with GimpShop. It does feel more like Photoshop, and barring some miracle where I can actually afford CS3 (or someone can send me a valid key), it is the program I have decided to stick with.

I have used gimp for a while now but still never installed this. And the only version I use of PS is 7 (cause I own that one)

I don't know, for me I am just more comfortable with GimpShop. It does feel more like Photoshop, and barring some miracle where I can actually afford CS3 (or someone can send me a valid key), it is the program I have decided to stick with.

Assuming you're undergoing any type of education, you can get quite a bit of the price down with Adobe (CS2 is a tenth of the price as an Edu version).

You know that there are always cracks and hacks for it? :-)

if you use Google wisely then you should be able to find it within five links.

Oh I know such things exist, was just saying for the "average" person it is a great alternative to Photoshop. Been running the beta of CS3, and have to say I even prefer Gimpshop. But hey, that is just my opinion.

Somehow I botched the xinitrc and don't know how to get back... all text comes up as boxes :D

NEW USER> REINSTALL.. Gimpshop is nice. really powerful.