Nearly there - Inspiron 9400 / Ati X1400

topbanana

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I'm so so close with this, I think I just need a little help to jump the final hurdle.

1. I loaded 10.4.8 onto my Inspiron 9400

2. I installed the latest Semthex kernel

3. I ran the universal Natit installer (after I figured out the zip extension was missing!)

4. In the extension config file, I edited the X1300 sections's PCI ID to that of my X1400.

5. I hardcoded the resolution in the Boot.plist file to 1920x1200x32

6. I rebooted.

I was certain that i'd cracked it when I saw the Apple logo and spinny wheel - it was definitely running at the correct resolution. Unfortuantely once the shell loaded everything went black! Even in safe mode it appears to be running in 1920x1200, so I know I'm nearly there.

:thumbsup_anim:

Any ideas?

Hi guys

I'm so so close with this, I think I just need a little help to jump the final hurdle.

1. I loaded 10.4.8 onto my Inspiron 9400

2. I installed the latest Semthex kernel

3. I ran the universal Natit installer (after I figured out the zip extension was missing!)

4. In the extension config file, I edited the X1300 sections's PCI ID to that of my X1400.

5. I hardcoded the resolution in the Boot.plist file to 1920x1200x32

6. I rebooted.

I was certain that i'd cracked it when I saw the Apple logo and spinny wheel - it was definitely running at the correct resolution. Unfortuantely once the shell loaded everything went black! Even in safe mode it appears to be running in 1920x1200, so I know I'm nearly there.

:angel:

Any ideas?

I would suggest you to remove Natit.

If 1920x1200x32 is a VESA 3 mode, than you might have luck, and it could work without Natit. Thats why you see the text screen on that res.

By the way, I am sorry to dissapoint you, but it would be quite a big thing if Natit would bring 1920x1200 res on X1400. I ve spent days with Natit. Then finally it came out, it will probably never work cause there is no ATI X1300/X1400 driver for Mac which detects LCD displays. And there might wont be ever one :(

We re fcked with these Ati cards on lappies. {censored} :(

Edited by Bandes

i had an x1400 in the 9400, and couldn't get it to work, so i tossed it, and got the geforce go 7900 gs.

it works on the correct resolution w/ all the good graphics.. get that, load nvidiaEFI

and load mifkis kernel, and you get full graphics and sleep

the STAC9200 is almost working 100%, so my laptop is now full hackintosh..

:angel: