HP Compaq nx9110

eRixx

7 posts in this topic

I succesfully installed the Generic DVD Install to my HP Compaq nx9110 (Dual booting with windows now).

There are some 'small' issues:

- The dvdplayer is not recognized by the mach kernel, so i had to install it to a partition from within vmware5 running in windows.

- The sound card does not work (yet). Its an ADI 1981B (VEN: 1002, DEV: 4341). Tried the AC97 driver with modifications.

Working:

- Networking 'works out of the box'.

- Integrated touchpad.

- Keyboard works.

- Resolution: 1024x768 (Ati Mobility 9100 IGP).

- ACPI works.

- Hyperthreading enabled.

Any people with an nx9110 and some tips or solutions to my 'small issues' list? ;-)

I succesfully installed the Generic DVD Install to my HP Compaq nx9110 (Dual booting with windows now).

- The dvdplayer is not recognized by the mach kernel, so i had to install it to a partition from within vmware5 running in windows.

- The sound card does not work (yet). Its an ADI 1981B (VEN: 1002, DEV: 4341). Tried the AC97 driver with modifications.

Working:

- Integrated touchpad.

- Keyboard works.

- ACPI works.

Any people with an nx9110 and some tips or solutions to my 'small issues' list? ;-)

hi mate,

i also hv nx9110 i am able to startup in 1400x1050 and higher at startup type "Graphics Mode="1400x1050x32"

wireless does not work but thru ethernet getting internet. sound not working also.......would love to get that fixed.

hi mate,

i also hv nx9110 i am able to startup in 1400x1050 and higher at startup type "Graphics Mode="1400x1050x32"

wireless does not work but thru ethernet getting internet. sound not working also.......would love to get that fixed.

Thats strange, my screen doesn't accept those kind of resolutions. Not even under windows xp. (Do we have the same make?)

The sound will probably remain to be a problem, i found out that it isn't even usable under freebsd ;-)

Thats strange, my screen doesn't accept those kind of resolutions. Not even under windows xp. (Do we have the same make?)

The sound will probably remain to be a problem, i found out that it isn't even usable under freebsd ;-)

oops its a nx9010 but also have ati mobility graphics osx86 gives me wide range of resolutions.

• 1 month later...

My brother has a HP Compaq nx9010 laptop as well but all his attempts to install OSx86 build 8f1099 patched by Maxxuss p1.0 fails with read errors. Neither direct boot nor installation via VMWare 5.5 brought success.

The DVD he used booted up correctly in other laptops (Dell, etc).

Here are two photos of crash:

osx86_crash1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.gif

osx86_crash2_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

What's your opinion? Is this crash caused by the DVD drive or the DVD itself?

• 5 years later...

Working:

- Integrated touchpad.

- Keyboard works.

- ACPI works.

hey man I recently acquired an Hp Compaq nx9010, it´s currently running windows 7 but I would really like to get OSX in this machione, I´ve tried Kalyway 10.5.2 with no success and JaS 10.4.8 but it freezes in the synaptics touchpad thing, I´ve found your post and you´ve said you got OSX running in this laptop, the part I didnt understood well is that where you said "installed the Generic DVD Install to my HP Compaq nx9110" I would like to know wich generic dvd are you talking about and if there´s any link to download that dvd so I can do so and install OSX on my laptop.

My Specs:

Compaq NX9010

Pentium IV 2.66Ghz SSE2

ATI RADEON IGP 345M

512MB of RAM

40Gb Hard drive

Hope you can help!