QE/CI gone on reinstall

jonlevine

9 posts in this topic

I fubar'd my machine updating it with the latest Apple security updates (I should had left well enough alone). Luckily, I had a backup of my data, so I went about recreating my machine.

My machine is an AMD Sempron 2800+, with a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. My first hackintosh was 10.4.5, updated to 10.4.8 (Jas combo updater). I was using Callisto and enable QE/CI with the "CallistoFB" trick in the ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin.

This time around, I started with the same hardware, but downloaded Jas 10.4.7 AMD, installed it, and updated it to 10.4.8 using the same updater as above. I've got everything back to exactly where it was prior to the meltdown EXCEPT for QE/CI. I cannot get this to work.

Callisto works perfectly, but every time I input "CallistoFB", I get a scrambled screen on reboot (see picture). I've tried every version of Callisto available, but nothing seems to help.

The most frustrating thing is, it worked perfectly before (albeit with a little mouse tearing).

Is there something in the 10.4.7 that would prevent me from being able to make this happen? Has anyone run into the same issue? I'm pulling my hair out because I just can't figure out what it is.

Any and all help is appreciated.

scramble.jpg

Thanks for your help Joe, but unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue.

I reinstalled the Callisto drivers using the ones included with the link you sent. Replaced all of the kexts on my system with the ones that were included in that file. Inputed my dev id and changed the IONDRVFrameBuffer to CallistoFB, sudo and chown'd, repaired permissions and rebooted. I am now able to boot without the scrambled screen, but still do not have QE/CI.

Man, this is driving me nuts!